Ls swap wire question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluebell

Reaction score
97 c1500, 2004 5.3 blue green connectors.

The yellow abs wire that went from the ABS module to obs pcm. Would that wire connect to the 204 pcm. Green connector pinout 49 (129k output)?

I have a thick brown wire I marked fuse inj 3, and not certain where I clipped that from. Thinking obs injectors but not sure.? Use power 5.3 injectors?

I have a random green wire marked 4k but I already have a wire in the 2004 pcm 4k pinout. Do I tie these wires together?

Everything else seem go right in place but left with 3 wires I'm unsure of.
Thanks

KansasOBS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The lt1swap 04 pcm pinouts doesnt list the green output at 129k, but that would correspond with the blue pdf. https://lt1swap.com/gmt400swap/index.htm at 129. Both should be yellow with black stripe.

Trace where the brown goes to? Cleaned a lot of stuff out of my factory harness, and not seeing that as a color for inj3, but also looking at 98 colors. I would separate off all of your engine power into its own. If that's coming from the underhood fuse box, you could possibly use it. Depends on how fancy you wanna go. I combined two OBS fuse boxes and filled in the empty holes in one, to power the LS stuff.

Also on the lt1swap page the black pdf is the vss info. You don't mention where it is coming from etc, but on an LS swap there will be a green, and a green with a white stripe I think it is, that goes to Green connector #50.

Started to type this out earlier, then figured someone who done the abs might speak up and tell you things better than I did.

Last edited:

Bluebell

Reaction score
The lt1swap 04 pcm pinouts doesnt list the green output at 129k, but that would correspond with the blue pdf. https://lt1swap.com/gmt400swap/index.htm at 129. Both should be yellow with black stripe.

Trace where the brown goes to? Cleaned a lot of stuff out of my factory harness, and not seeing that as a color for inj3, but also looking at 98 colors. I would separate off all of your engine power into its own. If that's coming from the underhood fuse box, you could possibly use it. Depends on how fancy you wanna go. I combined two OBS fuse boxes and filled in the empty holes in one, to power the LS stuff.

Also on the lt1swap page the black pdf is the vss info. You don't mention where it is coming from etc, but on an LS swap there will be a green, and a green with a white stripe I think it is, that goes to Green connector #50.

Started to type this out earlier, then figured someone who done the abs might speak up and tell you things better than I did.
I meant the 2004 green connector pinout 49 for the abs wire. They are both yellow, I'll try that.
I'm still not sure about the brown inj 3 wire.
Haven't had a chance mess with it but hopefully soon.

Bluebell

Reaction score
So the mystery wire I've clipped, is. Brown, goes to D8 on c100 connector, and is on circuit 441. I've found it in the schematic link at the end of this message, but unfortunately. I'm terrible at reading schematics. First thought it was a power wire but it's extremely long and I recall cutting it way out in the harness. Past any pink wires or orange, so I'm at a loss.
Any input appreciated

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're gonna need to study "Cell 10" and "Cell 11" to make sense of that.

What's shown on the schematic posted is that there's power on a brown wire between the BRAKE fuse, and the vehicle computer via C100. But that same power is also routed AROUND C100, through a similar brown wire to the fuse box (cell 11) and also involves "power distribution" on the far side of the BRAKE fuse (cell 10).

Bluebell

Reaction score
Finally figured out the mystery brown wire, went to a transmission connector, some option my truck wasn't utilizing. None of the schematics I found, made any sense in regard figuring that one out. Went over the lt1swap videos and he made reference to that wire and even he wasn't sure specifically why it was there.

ABS yellow wire went to LS pcm 129k pinout.

And the 2 obs 4k wires get tied together and go to the only 4k output on the LS pcm.

Appreciate the replies