LS swap with Blue/Green 2004 harness and 4 WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cardinal rule of LS swaps. GET EVERYTHING! Get the harness, PCM, tach module, pedal if DBW that came with your motor. Get it all!

I’m in the process of working through my first swap. Even with limited auto electrical experience, the concept should be doable. I ended up with a freshened up 5.3 with a cam/spring kit. The harness that came with it is apparently one of the “overseas” ones that isn’t right.

I’ve worked through a red/blue 5.3 harness that wasn’t complete. Since it’s the time to be picky, I wanted the sleek look of DBW. So I got a whole harness, pcm, tach module and pedal from a local pull a part. The kicker is that it’s green/blue out of a 2004 z71 suburban.

My question is, has anyone ever done it with green/blue with 4wd and AC? If so, did your 5.7 run the 4wd and AC or did the 5.3? When I was messing around with the red/ blue one, the 5.7 front transfer case sub harness plugged in nicely to the 5.3 harness, but I think the 2004 front transfer case wiring may be different.

Sub question, the neutral safety/ range switch is different, so how do you integrate the 4l60e neutral safety/ range with the 5.3 harness? Just splice into them? One to the pcm and the other to the dash, I suppose?

Fingers crossed someone can point me in the right direction.

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cardinal rule of LS swaps. GET EVERYTHING! Get the harness, PCM, tach module, pedal if DBW that came with your motor. Get it all!

I’m in the process of working through my first swap. Even with limited auto electrical experience, the concept should be doable. I ended up with a freshened up 5.3 with a cam/spring kit. The harness that came with it is apparently one of the “overseas” ones that isn’t right.

I’ve worked through a red/blue 5.3 harness that wasn’t complete. Since it’s the time to be picky, I wanted the sleek look of DBW. So I got a whole harness, pcm, tach module and pedal from a local pull a part. The kicker is that it’s green/blue out of a 2004 z71 suburban.

My question is, has anyone ever done it with green/blue with 4wd and AC? If so, did your 5.7 run the 4wd and AC or did the 5.3? When I was messing around with the red/ blue one, the 5.7 front transfer case sub harness plugged in nicely to the 5.3 harness, but I think the 2004 front transfer case wiring may be different.

Sub question, the neutral safety/ range switch is different, so how do you integrate the 4l60e neutral safety/ range with the 5.3 harness? Just splice into them? One to the pcm and the other to the dash, I suppose?

Fingers crossed someone can point me in the right direction.
My 2003 Sonora (Mexican Tahoe) had a 5.7L, 5spd and 4x4 run by the factory Green/Blue, but the 5.7L was DBC. My 97 Van also has a Green/Blue in it.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@L31MaxExpress ok so I have a 1997 5.7 harness. I went through the harness per Lt1swap pinout instructions. Removing the front transfer case wiring. I don’t think the blue green harness I got last week from the pull a part has the same transfer case sub harness as the red blue which corresponded with my 5.7. So I may be in the market for a replacement 5.7 harness.