Ls swap and ac

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluebell

Reaction score
97 c1500 5.7 to dbc 5.3. I've gathered all the swap parts and brackets, tried wrapping my mind around the wiring integration and all the box"s are checked except the ac. Some reason I'm struggling make sense of it.
I will be reusing the 97 ac compressor. With ict brackets.
I see the 5.7 has a request signal pinout and ac relay enable pinout.
Is it as simple as moving these two wires from the 5.7 pcm to the 5.3 pcm? Keeping the rest of the ac wiring intact of course or is the signal input/output all wrong?

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
97 c1500 5.7 to dbc 5.3. I've gathered all the swap parts and brackets, tried wrapping my mind around the wiring integration and all the box"s are checked except the ac. Some reason I'm struggling make sense of it.
I will be reusing the 97 ac compressor. With ict brackets.
I see the 5.7 has a request signal pinout and ac relay enable pinout.
Is it as simple as moving these two wires from the 5.7 pcm to the 5.3 pcm? Keeping the rest of the ac wiring intact of course or is the signal input/output all wrong?

Wire it like a van, use the van settings and it will work.

Bluebell

Reaction score
Could you expand on that.

I found info saying 12v from compressor to pin 17 and grounded pin 55 but the pinout list I found either shows 17 as a transmission wire or shows it as unused.

I'll keep looking

Last edited:

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This is for a 0411/P59 van using 12v request through the high pressure switch on the back of the compressor and a ground operated cycling switch. My 97 van and 99 Tahoe were both setup the same way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bluebell

Reaction score
I found information, that suggest keeping all obs ac wiring intact and simply solder the Relay signal and ac request wire together and it should work, independabt of the ac.

I'll look at your information, thanks