Jet dynamic spectrum tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Finally got motivated and scanned the Suburban ('97 K1500 5.7L) today. I made a couple of small changes to the stock tune. First I moved the 98MPH fuel cutoff (speed limiter) to 200MPH, effectively disabling it. Second, disabled the check engine light for rear O2 sensor heater codes (P0141 and P0161). I've been having issues with those codes every time I use my remote start system, but they never trip otherwise. Disabling the check engine light will still allow them to log errors, now they just wont annoy me any more if I need to use the remote start. (Related thread here)

The fuel cut off parameters can be found in Constants>System Parameters, and the O2 sensor code settings are in Diagnostics>Fuel and Air Diagnostics. Both are pictured here in stock configuration before I made any changes.

You must be registered for see images attach

And here after my changes. The DST software seems to mark all unsaved changes in red, which is convenient IMO.

The read and flash procedures went smoothly with no issues, and the Suburban still starts and runs. I did notice that the PCM in my Suburban seemed to program faster than the one in my dad's '06 3500. Maybe just less data to write?

Last edited:

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got motivated and scanned the Suburban ('97 K1500 5.7L) today. I made a couple of small changes to the stock tune. First I moved the 98MPH fuel cutoff (speed limiter) to 200MPH, effectively disabling it. Second, disabled the check engine light for rear O2 sensor heater codes (P0141 and P0161). I've been having issues with those codes every time I use my remote start system, but they never trip otherwise. Disabling the check engine light will still allow them to log errors, now they just wont annoy me any more if I need to use the remote start. (Related thread here)

The fuel cut off parameters can be found in Constants>System Parameters, and the O2 sensor code settings are in Diagnostics>Fuel and Air Diagnostics. Both are pictured here in stock configuration before I made any changes.

And here after my changes. The DST software seems to mark all unsaved changes in red, which is convenient IMO.

The read and flash procedures went smoothly with no issues, and the Suburban still starts and runs. I did notice that the PCM in my Suburban seemed to program faster than the one in my dad's '06 3500. Maybe just less data to write?

Waayy less data to write. But the P59 can also be written to faster, I guess Jet just doesn't support it?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just wanted to update and say that the rear O2 code and speed limiter disable on my Suburban have both been a smashing success. Got a chance to test the latter today finally.

(Allegedly... In Mexico...) :driver:

I know this is easy stuff compared to what this software is capable of but so far I'm very happy with my purchase of DST. No major difficulties at all, it just works.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just wanted to update and say that the rear O2 code and speed limiter disable on my Suburban have both been a smashing success. Got a chance to test the latter today finally.

(Allegedly... In Mexico...) :driver:

I know this is easy stuff compared to what this software is capable of but so far I'm very happy with my purchase of DST. No major difficulties at all, it just works.

Try that in the V6 truck. :idiot:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Try that in the V6 truck. :idiot:

I already have years ago. :lol:

Takes a little longer to get there, but it will. That truck actually really likes cruising at 80+ with the 3.42 gears.

I'm curious what Black Bear set the limiter to in that tune, I'll have to check.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was poking around some more in the stock tune of my Suburban a few nights ago and noticed something interesting. There is a setting in JET DST for "Fuel Tank Capacity." It's currently set to 34 gallon even though this truck has the 42 gallon tank.

Would it be beneficial to set that to the correct 42 gallons? I've noticed that the gauge seems to sit near full for longer than I've always thought was normal. Would correcting this setting help that? Is there anything that could be negatively effected by changing this setting?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I was poking around some more in the stock tune of my Suburban a few nights ago and noticed something interesting. There is a setting in JET DST for "Fuel Tank Capacity." It's currently set to 34 gallon even though this truck has the 42 gallon tank.

Would it be beneficial to set that to the correct 42 gallons? I've noticed that the gauge seems to sit near full for longer than I've always thought was normal. Would correcting this setting help that? Is there anything that could be negatively effected by changing this setting?

Might screw with the fuel economy output. I've long wanted to screw with that chart but not sure how to do it smartly. I figure a guy could get the thing to read more accurately at all points instead of lingering at full then just dropping like a rock.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Might screw with the fuel economy output. I've long wanted to screw with that chart but not sure how to do it smartly. I figure a guy could get the thing to read more accurately at all points instead of lingering at full then just dropping like a rock.
I feel it is the float/sending unit that causes it to linger on full so long. Every GM I have ever owned does that.q