Hp tuner efi live license question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks! I definitely want to get into tuning this truck. Just trying to understand all the acronyms is giving me a headache. :) I'd read a couple of places where it was being said you must tune or you'll break it. Perhaps that's true for a stoutly modified motor. Would a mail in tune be worth it in the interim? In your opinion. Been looking at 150tune or black bear. Or hopd out for the 0411 swap and tune.
I'm the king of idiots but computer tuning isn't hard to figure out. Being good at it is another thing. Kind of like tuning old school with computer feed back. No changing jets or recurveing distributer. I bought an 80 dollar obd2 dongle and downloaded tunnerpro and pcmhammer and ls Droid. I would swap to an 0411 for tuning ease. I spent about an hour getting everything downloaded about 15 min to figure out how to download from my ecm and a couple hours to figure out tunnerpro so I could look at the tune. It seems overwhelming but at that point you haven't done a thing to your ecm you can mess around to learn how tunnerpro works. Just like learning anything you will start to understand how changes are made. Then do some data logging and play with the logs. You'll start to get the hang of it. Once you figure that out you can make a small change and do a log to see the effect. You will have saved the original so you can always go back. It is really cool stuff. I'm learning myself but by messing around a little like that you will start to understand what's going on and when the guys with lots of exp talk you will be able to understand what they are doing instead of your eyes glazing over like mine did at the beginning

62barsoom

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Please forgive the hijack. I've been searching for the answer for a couple of weeks now, and asked on my build post a couple of times.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stock heads, injection, mercuiser cam, JBA shorty headers. Will the factory ecm have any issues adapting to the set up.
I’ve got pretty much the same setup, except I’m still running the factory 5.0 tune. Truck runs good but I’m still looking at tuning it.
I bought an 80 dollar obd2 dongle and downloaded tunnerpro and pcmhammer and ls Droid.
You’re using tuner pro and a dongle on the black box?

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’ve got pretty much the same setup, except I’m still running the factory 5.0 tune. Truck runs good but I’m still looking at tuning it.

You’re using tuner pro and a dongle on the black box?
No on the 0411 and p59 computers. I'm swapping my black boxes over