Who knows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave’s92

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
this part of dash harness is connected with wiper motor plug but I can’t find or remember where these three went please help ..my truck is a 1992 the dash and engine harness came from 1993-94 extended cab

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The two black connectors look to plug into the convenience center, but that harness doesn't look right... The connector on the bottom right of the picture is to connect your cruise control switch on the column and should be part of a cruise-control-dedicated harness.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this part of dash harness is connected with wiper motor plug but I can’t find or remember where these three went please help ..my truck is a 1992 the dash and engine harness came from 1993-94 extended cab

Greetings k-Z-v,

Welcome to the GMT400 forum. I think you'll find this place full of folks who enjoy keeping
this generation of the General's trucks & SUVs on the road.

First things first, according to the '92 Factory Service Manual @AK49BWL's comment on the
connector in the lower RH corner of your photo is on the money:

The connector on the bottom right of the picture is to connect your cruise control switch on the column and should be part of a cruise-control-dedicated harness.

(From the '92 C/K Light Truck Wiring Manual -- download your copy over here: '88+ GMT400 FSM cache)

For the entire page that the above came from, see attachment #1 below.

As for where C226A is physically located, according to the Component Location listing it's below
the steering column.

Do yourself a favor and upload the '92 Factory Service Manuals. Armed with these resources there will be 1/100
of the mystery that presents itself when it's just man vs machine in wiring harness land.

Hope this helps. Best of luck putting your ride back together.

Cheers -

Attachments

• Cruise Control connector wiring harness C226a (boxed) -- 1992_ST-375-92-EDD_Chevrolet_CK_Wirin...jpg
    Cruise Control connector wiring harness C226a (boxed) -- 1992_ST-375-92-EDD_Chevrolet_CK_Wirin...jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 5
  • C226a listing in Component Location (arrow) - 1992_ST-375-92-EDD_Chevrolet_CK_Wiring_Manual.jpg
    C226a listing in Component Location (arrow) - 1992_ST-375-92-EDD_Chevrolet_CK_Wiring_Manual.jpg
    286.7 KB · Views: 6

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
First things first, according to the '92 Factory Service Manual @AK49BWL's comment on the
connector in the lower RH corner of your photo is on the money:
Ahhh yes I see now... I forgot 88-93 had separated brake switch connectors. 94's cruise harness is slightly different and is what came to mind, hence my confusion lol.