Bare minimum wiring requirements 92 K2500 7.4L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GreenBelair

Reaction score
I am looking for either a replacement engine bay wiring harness or what the bare minimum is required for the ECM etc as I had an electrical fire at the rear of the engine. I want to just restore drivability currently no dash in the truck anymore. Where can I find what I need to replace to make it work or where I can find a plug and play harness.

Attachments

• 20231121_171408.jpg
    20231121_171408.jpg
    269.3 KB · Views: 7

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you get lucky at Pull-A-Part, you might find an intact 7.4 harness. Grab a spare harness off another GMT400 in case you need to make repairs or have some damaged connectors. I recently repaired the mouse-chewed dash harness and HVAC harness for my '89 with harnesses from a junkyard truck. Once I started I found a lot more needed repairs than I initially thought. I used half a bucket of heat-shrink butt splices and half a roll of Super33 electrical tape, but I powered the HVAC harness and controller up with a battery and it functioned fine.

You must be registered for see images attach