92 Cheyenne Climate control Melted and burnt wire connection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne1992

Reaction score
Hello Everyone! I need some help with figuring out why the wire connector behind the climate control is melted, and burnt. I am a newbie also, but love working on vehicles. I pulled the dash cluster trim off, to have access behind the climate control. If I tap, or wiggle this little grey box thats on top of the wiring harness, I hear the heater click on and/or off. I need help. I have a Haynes repair manual to help me figure out which wires go to what, but it's like reading chinese...Thank you in advance to whom ever takes this on!!

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Manual or electronic controls? Don't often hear of the electric ones having melty wiring problems but if I remember right, the manual controls have the blower run directly by the fan switch on the controller... Could be burning up due to a blower motor failing and pulling more amperage than it should. Need pics.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you could download here on the forum, the factory OE service manuals are available as free pdf download see the sticky above. The Haynes is inadequate. The factory has the real info, diagrams, schematics, locations all of it.
You want the best answers ? Always start with : year, make, model, eng trans. They all look the same 20 feet away, open the doors and hood there all different. :waytogo: