Does anybody know what is the minimum needed to bench test a 350 tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NicoF

Reaction score
So I have a 350 tbi that I got bare bones and I have none of the wire harness or anything to see if it runs I want to know what is the bare minimum I need to do/buy to see if it runs.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would have said a 4-pin module HEI distributor, and a carburetor + adapter plate or carb'd intake manifold. A set of pulleys and a belt to run the water pump plus a radiator and hoses if you're gonna run it more than a few seconds.

I use my engine assembly stand, and a radiator cart with various switches and gauges, a battery, a fuel tank, etc. to test-run engines. Use a '67 Dodge Dart 225 exhaust system, modified to fit V-8 exhaust manifolds. Supporting the front of the engine with an engine hoist is helpful, otherwise the engine does jiggle on the assembly stand. Any sudden change in RPM--increase or decrease--results in a tendency for the engine to twist on the stand. So a calm hand on the throttle is warranted.

Father-In-Law's Pontiac 455 and my run-stand set-up:
You must be registered for see images attach

This of course works fine on any engine where the starter motor bolts to the block, and has provisions for an engine-driven fuel pump. Doesn't work for crap on Fords and Mopars where the starter bolts to the bellhousing. You'd need a separate fuel pump for any injected application, or for engines that don't have an engine-driven pump.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I would have said a 4-pin module HEI distributor, and a carburetor + adapter plate or carb'd intake manifold. A set of pulleys and a belt to run the water pump plus a radiator and hoses if you're gonna run it more than a few seconds.

I use my engine assembly stand, and a radiator cart with various switches and gauges, a battery, a fuel tank, etc. to test-run engines. Use a '67 Dodge Dart 225 exhaust system, modified to fit V-8 exhaust manifolds. Supporting the front of the engine with an engine hoist is helpful, otherwise the engine does jiggle on the assembly stand. Any sudden change in RPM--increase or decrease--results in a tendency for the engine to twist on the stand. So a calm hand on the throttle is warranted.

Father-In-Law's Pontiac 455 and my run-stand set-up:

This of course works fine on any engine where the starter motor bolts to the block, and has provisions for an engine-driven fuel pump. Doesn't work for crap on Fords and Mopars where the starter bolts to the bellhousing. You'd need a separate fuel pump for any injected application, or for engines that don't have an engine-driven pump.

This oughta do the trick for the F**ds and D***es.