Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wow I can see in that last shot how small your garage is. Reminds me of the garage on our old house. Not designed for big American trucks and SUVs.....

That's right. I'm jealous of the people who have those hugh sheds in the back with land lol. This garage is tight and I'm pretty sure the suburban gonna scrape the door when I back out since I gained a couple of inches

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
That's right. I'm jealous of the people who have those hugh sheds in the back with land lol. This garage is tight and I'm pretty sure the suburban gonna scrape the door when I back out since I gained a couple of inches

Let 80%-90% of the air out of all 4 tires before backing up.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well preparing a game plan for the motor swap. Since this is my first time I went ahead a got some Manuels for the vortecs:)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I can shoehorn my 1500 into my garage, but not the dually. Growing up in MI we never had a garage at all. That said, tight garages are still an asspain. All these builders out here, for anything in town, give you a postage stamp lawn and a 20x20 garage just big enough for 2 lame cars and a little bit of stuff.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I can shoehorn my 1500 into my garage, but not the dually. Growing up in MI we never had a garage at all. That said, tight garages are still an asspain. All these builders out here, for anything in town, give you a postage stamp lawn and a 20x20 garage just big enough for 2 lame cars and a little bit of stuff.

I cant even swap the motor in the garage which I hate.... I wish I didnt have to do it in the drive way but got no choice :banghead:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Can't you turn it around, yank the hood, and do it in the garage with the door open?

Orginally I was gonna back it out and remove the hood then drive it so only the front tire is in the garage but problem is I wont do the swap in a day plus while the engine out I want to replace anything I can replace and access. Otherwise I would. Just dont wanna leave the garage open over night for a few days. Never know what rats may come and try to take advantage of the scenario