Chasing down cyl. 2 misfire (P0302)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drop the tank. Remove the fuel pump/sending unit/hanger assembly. Reconnect the wire harness to the hanger assy.

Turn on the ignition. Move the float up and down, watch the gauge. When the float is up, the gauge should be "Full". When the float is down, the gauge should be "Empty".

If it doesn't, either the sending unit is bad, or the wire harness is faulty. THAT gets diagnosed separately.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Drop the tank. Remove the fuel pump/sending unit/hanger assembly. Reconnect the wire harness to the hanger assy.

Turn on the ignition. Move the float up and down, watch the gauge. When the float is up, the gauge should be "Full". When the float is down, the gauge should be "Empty".

If it doesn't, either the sending unit is bad, or the wire harness is faulty. THAT gets diagnosed separately.
My fuel gauge reads well, it vibrates quite a bit but its pretty acurate.

I had read a thread about adding rc car oil to where the gauge needle sits to fix the erratic needle but I need to fix other issue that are more importante first

Here are my fuel trims
My truck had warmed up and I had driven it around for a bit before recording this.

My fuel tank pressure showed -114 kPa prior to driving if that matters

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fuel gauge should be dampened somehow, but I thought it was electric, not based on oil viscosity within the gauge.

WHAT are "Bank 3" and "Bank 4" on the fuel trims? I don't understand that at all.

alvaroemg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They were just options on the dash
Command pid menu so i added them to my live data block. I thought you would know what they mean or represent