Misfire cyl 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bealszac

Reaction score
99 5.7 vortec I am having a misfire on cylinder 2 and an occasionally multi cylinder misfire. I have put new cap and rotor,new spider injectors, plugs wires. Have spark and fuel pressure what also may cause this? Intake gasket was replaced by previous owner a year ago. I apriciate it.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is the cranking compression pressure of each cylinder (especially the ones misfiring.)

As was said on another thread about misfire--are the valve springs good? Do the valves stick in the guides under load? Apparently GM has a bulletin on sticking valves under load, the "fix" is to remove the valve(s) and hone the guide(s) for some additional clearance.

Before I did that, I'd be VERY careful to assure that there's no ignition or injector issues.

bealszac

Reaction score
What is the cranking compression pressure of each cylinder (especially the ones misfiring.)

As was said on another thread about misfire--are the valve springs good? Do the valves stick in the guides under load? Apparently GM has a bulletin on sticking valves under load, the "fix" is to remove the valve(s) and hone the guide(s) for some additional clearance.

Before I did that, I'd be VERY careful to assure that there's no ignition or injector issues.
all cyl have good compression and within range of each other. i did not have this problem 2 weeks ago. i was hunting down another problem and changed everything out listed above. once i started it i got the misfire.not super noticeable at idle I definitely feel it being a bit slugish. i checked spark and plugs and that seems good dont really have the tools to check injector so i pulled the plug and just scoped it after cranking to check for fuel and there seemed to be plenty. im kinda at the point of a intake leak? maybe valvs? but my compretion would be worse. kinda stumped at this point.