Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Yeah, this was one of the main items on my bucket list - 6" slab, 12' eaves, 2 - 16' X 10' high roll up doors, and almost enough room (not quite) for my stuff:Big Laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

That's sexy right there! I'm looking to do a 36' deep 24' wide 12' wall shop with a dead level floor 4" concrete with PEX tubing in it for heat with a 12'wide 10' high pair of barn doors with shelves for rattle can spray paint and such centered on the 24' side (I figured out a cool way to open them with a garage door opener) and a 3' man door next to it. I want to be able to pull Frank or Betty in onto the 4 post lift open all the doors and tailgate and be able to walk all the way around it with all the doors closed even with work benches and shelving lining all the walls.

Why , Yes I have thought about this before. Why do you ask?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's sexy right there! I'm looking to do a 36' deep 24' wide 12' wall shop with a dead level floor 4" concrete with PEX tubing in it for heat with a 12'wide 10' high pair of barn doors with shelves for rattle can spray paint and such centered on the 24' side (I figured out a cool way to open them with a garage door opener) and a 3' man door next to it. I want to be able to pull Frank or Betty in onto the 4 post lift open all the doors and tailgate and be able to walk all the way around it with all the doors closed even with work benches and shelving lining all the walls.

Why , Yes I have thought about this before. Why do you ask?

4" slab will need to be reinforce for a 2 post lift. Not sure about a 4 post lift. You can at least get it poured with the fiber stuff, that'll hold a 2 post.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I built a 30x40 shop two years ago. It's a bit too big for my yard, but too small for my needs. The two-post lifts I was looking at spec a 4" slab, but I went ahead and had the slab where the lift will go poured 6" deep. I still need to get the power hooked up. I'm probably going to have to buy some 2-2-4-6 MHF and lay it in the ground myself to save a couple grand. That'll require me replacing the 100a main circuit breaker with an 80a. Ugh, but I'm so tired of running an extension cord to the house.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That'll require me replacing the 100a main circuit breaker with an 80a.
I have a 90A service with 3 - 20A circuits for outlets on each side, where each outlet is next to a different circuit so I can run the dust collector and a power tool (i.e. Planer or Jointer). Plus I have a 50A extension cord for my welder and a dedicated 220V circuit for my air compressor.

In this picture, I was feeding it, from the bottom, temporarily with an SO cord.