Suburban down.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hell, bring it on over, I've go some room. It's only 1200 miles! Get on the 10 and don't get off 'til you get to my exit.:anitoof:

If you pay for the tow lol. Very tempting. Trust me I wish I could. I'm really nervous about setting tdc and installing the distributor so it connects to the oil pump. I feel like I'm gonna have a sel as soon as I start it .

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Orginally I was gonna back it out and remove the hood then drive it so only the front tire is in the garage but problem is I wont do the swap in a day plus while the engine out I want to replace anything I can replace and access. Otherwise I would. Just dont wanna leave the garage open over night for a few days. Never know what rats may come and try to take advantage of the scenario

My thought was shut the door when you're done and it all stays inside.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Roll it out to remove/install and do the rest of the work with it backed in? Or are we splitting hairs now?

Thought about that too but shes a bit heavy to push around lol. I'll try it when I get the lift and motor physically here. Maybe I'll snap some pics.

With the hood off can you remove the motor sideways like over the driver side fender?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the hood off can you remove the motor sideways like over the driver side fender?
It'd be pretty hard since you need to lift the motor and slide it forward some and then lift it out. Keep in mind your open garage door may limit how high you can go.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Removing the entire dog house helps with the lifting height issue, but sideways is still a no-go.

I'd love to add 8' to the back of my garage and raise the walls 3 additional blocks higher. Then a bigger door, of course.

That reminds me! Gotta go throw $10 on the lottery for Saturday...
(Unfortunately that's also my best retirement plan :oops:)

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Removing the entire dog house helps with the lifting height issue, but sideways is still a no-go.

I'd love to add 8' to the back of my garage and raise the walls 3 additional blocks higher. Then a bigger door, of course.

That reminds me! Gotta go throw $10 on the lottery for Saturday...
(Unfortunately that's also my best retirement plan :oops:)

Yeah if I could I add a ft on height and 10ft minimum for length lol

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this was one of the main items on my bucket list - 6" slab, 12' eaves, 2 - 16' X 10' high roll up doors, and almost enough room (not quite) for my stuff:Big Laugh:

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969