Can you paint CHROME?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not impossible but a lot of the smaller chrome shops that rechrome stuff have gone out of business due to EPA permits and reg's surrounding the chemicals used.
Oh yeah, there is a plating shop in my town. When I asked them about removing the old chrome, they were like…”you want to what?”

Last edited:

Weisseguy

Reaction score
Hi all, I have an ECSB and have always liked the diesel bumpers w/fog lights. I plan on debadging at least as far as the impact strips all the way around. I got a W/T rear bumper because the plastic tread doesn’t stick out farther to allow for the impact strip. I finally found a diesel front bumper, but it’s chrome. Can anyone point me in the direction of a stickie or a thread on how to remove the chrome or atleast prep it to take paint?
I painted a chrome front grill guard on my suburban. I had to rough up the surface with a wire wheel. Then I Used a 2 part epoxy paint. Not to be confused with a 2k. SprayMax makes a can where theres a button on the bottom that when punched releases the activator. This is what i used and the only paint that will stick to the chrome last. I painted my grill gaurd black and its still holding up without chipping off. The picture is not a before and after but just and after.

Attachments

• 9CA663B9-0526-4A8D-99B1-78616BEB508D.jpeg
    9CA663B9-0526-4A8D-99B1-78616BEB508D.jpeg
    431.7 KB · Views: 23

NorthState

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I painted a chrome front grill guard on my suburban. I had to rough up the surface with a wire wheel. Then I Used a 2 part epoxy paint. Not to be confused with a 2k. SprayMax makes a can where theres a button on the bottom that when punched releases the activator. This is what i used and the only paint that will stick to the chrome last. I painted my grill gaurd black and its still holding up without chipping off. The picture is not a before and after but just and after.
Ok so if I want to color match my bumpers, does this paint you speak of come on customizable colors?

Tomahawk 309

Reaction score
Yes it does. I used it to paint the fairing on my Harley in candy red sun glow(factory color) which is a tri color. It came out great. Highly recommend spray max products.