New "Econo" paint job and mild bodywork on 96 'Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the results. I took it to a local "Econo" paint place because the factory paint was heavily oxidized all over and peeling on the hood and roof. They smoothed out a few dings, sanded down to bare metal 80% of the truck, primered, sprayed it with Emerald Green Metallic enamel, and a coat of clear. Overall, they did a phenomenal job for $700.

I couldn't justify a $5000 acrylic base coat/clear coat paint job on a $4000 Suburban. But these guys did an amazing job for the price on a work-in-progress daily driver.

Yeah, theres a little overspray here and there. But overall I think it was money well spent

edit: they did not paint the bumpers or the mirrors. They have a home applied coat of rattle can black acrylic. The paint shop only painted the body, and they put one coat of black enamel on the aftermarket plastic grill.

They also, for some reason, painted my roof rails emerald green too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Not bad, did they tell you how many layers they put down?

It looks great for the price and a weekend in your driveway with wet-sanding blocks could really finish it off.

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s insane I can’t believe the supplies were less than 700. But awesome for you!
I know. I couldnt believe it either. They were running a New Years "paint any car for $350" special. With the body work, extra coats of enamel, and coat of clear it came out to just under $700 tax and all