My glovebox paint code doesn't match my paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97cheV8

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a replacement fender, so I looked in the glovebox and the paint code I saw was U328E, which Google says is a light pewter, but my truck is a metallic blue. Is the code just the metallic part or was my truck just repainted at some point? If it has been repainted, how can I find the color code for that, because I've seen other trucks my year with this exact paint job, so I assume it's a gm color. I dunno, lemme know what you all think.

You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240408-182709.png
    Screenshot_20240408-182709.png
    641.2 KB · Views: 7

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most shops and paint stores are set up to color match via camera/computer. The color name is really irrelevant because gm, gm truck, GMC, Buick, etc might all have the same formula/paint code but the color names will be different. Paint looks a bit thin in the wheel arch flanged section, and silver wheel houses?????? What color the firewall under the dash. Not thinking original.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If the vin on the glove box is correct. 11U - ext. Pewter Metallic, 13D- trim cloth Lt. Grey, 131- int. Lt. Grey
Have used the service manual RPO list to decode your glovebox tag.

97cheV8

Reaction score
Do any of you know what the paint code or specific paint color name would be, I'm trying to find an exact replacement for the fender and the bumper fillers. I had thought about redoing the whole paint but I figured it wasn't bad enough to be worth the money/effort. I'll send some more pictures of the truck

97cheV8

Reaction score

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do any of you know what the paint code or specific paint color name would be, I'm trying to find an exact replacement for the fender and the bumper fillers. I had thought about redoing the whole paint but I figured it wasn't bad enough to be worth the money/effort. I'll send some more pictures of the truck

Get it matched at the paint shop w/a camera.