How much paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi guys! This may be a weird question, but maybe someone might know. How many gallons of paint would I need to paint an ECSB? Assuming I do 2 coats and a 3rd light coat. I would use the same amount or for each: paint, clear, and primer.

Also: how much would I need if I only wanted to paint the bottom section (the lower body crease line and below)?

Thanks in advance

k1500 97

Hoonigan
Reaction score
Hi guys! This may be a weird question, but maybe someone might know. How many gallons of paint would I need to paint an ECSB? Assuming I do 2 coats and a 3rd light coat. I would use the same amount or for each: paint, clear, and primer.

Also: how much would I need if I only wanted to paint the bottom section (the lower body crease line and below)?

Thanks in advance
Idk but if your gonna paint below that from the molding down thats gonna look good but the rest will look faded compared to the rest. But idk alot about painting but thats mho. I hope someone else can stop by and help. Good luck on the project.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience using High Teck paint? They are one of the only brands I can find that make Victory Red, which is the color I want to paint mine.

PWC Repair

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Approximately 1.5 gal of paint and 2 gallon clear for the whole truck. The rest you should guess to mate from that.
I agree. I've painted a little and that sounds about right. Keep in mind, your FIRST coat should be a light (tack) coat.....NOT your last. The others will be medium wet to wet depending upon your finesse with the gun and lighting. Not great lighting + wet coats = RUNS!!!

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
all paint compamnies offer Victory Red. Find a company that sells paint near you and talk to them and read the tech sheets. A good jobber will have a volume estimator in their computer for each product. The products, the gun, the gun setup and the painter will greatly vary the amount of each procuct you use.
DO NOT put on light coats until you read the tech sheets, very very few recommend this.