New "Econo" paint job and mild bodywork on 96 'Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the results. I took it to a local "Econo" paint place because the factory paint was heavily oxidized all over and peeling on the hood and roof. They smoothed out a few dings, sanded down to bare metal 80% of the truck, primered, sprayed it with Emerald Green Metallic enamel, and a coat of clear. Overall, they did a phenomenal job for $700.

I couldn't justify a $5000 acrylic base coat/clear coat paint job on a $4000 Suburban. But these guys did an amazing job for the price on a work-in-progress daily driver.

Yeah, theres a little overspray here and there. But overall I think it was money well spent

edit: they did not paint the bumpers or the mirrors. They have a home applied coat of rattle can black acrylic. The paint shop only painted the body, and they put one coat of black enamel on the aftermarket plastic grill.

They also, for some reason, painted my roof rails emerald green too.

You must be registered for see images attach
Looks good, the roof rails being color matched looks cool!

FA31

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very pleased with the results. I took it to a local "Econo" paint place because the factory paint was heavily oxidized all over and peeling on the hood and roof. They smoothed out a few dings, sanded down to bare metal 80% of the truck, primered, sprayed it with Emerald Green Metallic enamel, and a coat of clear. Overall, they did a phenomenal job for $700.

I couldn't justify a $5000 acrylic base coat/clear coat paint job on a $4000 Suburban. But these guys did an amazing job for the price on a work-in-progress daily driver.

Yeah, theres a little overspray here and there. But overall I think it was money well spent

edit: they did not paint the bumpers or the mirrors. They have a home applied coat of rattle can black acrylic. The paint shop only painted the body, and they put one coat of black enamel on the aftermarket plastic grill.

They also, for some reason, painted my roof rails emerald green too.

I’m in Bham, willing to drive to Chattanooga for similar results.

What’s the name of the place?

I don’t know anywhere here that would do this.

I have a 96 2 door that needs to be done.

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m in Bham, willing to drive to Chattanooga for similar results.

What’s the name of the place?

I don’t know anywhere here that would do this.

I have a 96 2 door that needs to be done.

Econo Auto Painting
2025 Williams St
Chattanooga TN 37408
423-265-6144

8thNote

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, I wish my Maaco job was that cheap! Almost $3000 for sealer, primer, 3 coats base, and 4 coats clear! Very little door dent repairs. Then another $1000 for all new trim :(

Yours looks great for that price!

Sounds like you got a urethane base coat/clear coat paint job, which is like the one applied at the factory. The cost of the paint is significantly more than the enamel paint they used on mine. Plus is more labor intensive, with multiple layers of base and clear. Your paint job will look much better than mine, especially up close. Mine is a "15 foot paint job". And $3000 is a very good price for the paint job you got. They usually cost $5000 plus.