Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you end up doing?
I just took it to a machine shop and let them rebuild it. Heads were cracked, they provided rebuilt 906s. Single roller timing chain, marine cam, Holley timing cover, ARP rod bolts. Machine shop, did the typical machine work, bored .020 over, decked, polished the crank and balanced the rotating assembly, resized the rods, stock replacement but coated skirt pistons, brass freeze plugs. $2200 otd.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just took it to a machine shop and let them rebuild it. Heads were cracked, they provided rebuilt 906s. Single roller timing chain, marine cam, Holley timing cover, ARP rod bolts. Machine shop, did the typical machine work, bored .020 over, decked, polished the crank and balanced the rotating assembly, resized the rods, stock replacement but coated skirt pistons, brass freeze plugs. $2200 otd.
The right choice too.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You had mentioned earlier about possibly going with some roller tip rockers, if you are interested I have a set of Comp cam self aligning. They are half 1.6 and half 1.5 though. They have never been used. I set on one of my new heads just to see them. Turns out the new heads don’t use self aligning.

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score

I need to stop buying things I don’t NEED and actually get the engine installed. Maybe I’ll take a day off this week…

Thanks @HotWheelsBurban

Thats one pretty engine sitting there.
I think so too, it’ll look better inside the daggum engine bay though :Boo:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

I need to stop buying things I don’t NEED and actually get the engine installed. Maybe I’ll take a day off this week…

Thanks @HotWheelsBurban

I think so too, it’ll look better inside the daggum engine bay though :Boo:
You're welcome!
I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I have been able to score two of these things in 3 weeks. They're so much rarer than regular 400s, they don't get in the yards very often. And when they do, they get picked clean pretty quickly. Like "turkey at Thanksgiving, clean to the bones" quickly....