The old farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Good day folks,
New guy check in. This is my old farm truck 95 k2500 4x4 6.5l turbo diesel. My dad gave it to me to work out of. The most major thing Ive had to do is the drivers side valve cover gasket. It pulled my car from northern Minnesota to the Atlanta Georgia area with no problems. I found these wheels on Market place for $250. My gmc center caps should be here soon.
Its rusty and old, but everything works! I told my dad it ran grate down the road with the cruse control. He said he didn't know that worked...then I told him the key fob still worked...he couldn't believe it. It hasn't failed to start in this cold weather. Runs like a sewing machine.
I hope you all have a beautiful day. Ill be jamming out with ya'll later.
You must be registered for see images attach

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the GMT400 forum!

I have a fondness for old, hardworking 8-lugger chore trucks that actually seem grateful
that somebody will still make them earn their keep. Especially if they are blue. :0)

As for the cruise control working, I know what you're referring to, for when my machine
followed me home I had zero expectations that the cruise control was working,
and I remember the feeling when I tried it...and it performed flawlessly.
It's so steady & holds the speed so rock solid that I actually use it when on the highway.

All in all, sounds like your truck is Worn In, not Worn Out. And you've found a
place on the internet where there's a bunch of fine folks who share your appreciation
for this generation of the General's trucks.

Nice to meet ya --

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes, and great comments. I'm looking to do a lot with the Ole truck. It sure didn't like 11° this am. Ha! Thanks again have a beautiful whatever time of day it is.
Nice 8 luggers, welcome to the forum from Houston, Texas. I have a '99 Suburban and a '97 C3500 Silverado crew cab long bed, and sometimes they can be frustrating (and neither one seems to like this cold weather we've been having in SE Texas). But when they do what they're designed to do, without issues (which is most of the time) they're great trucks.