The old family farm truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alaraine

Reaction score
My '93 K1500, my great uncle ordered it from the factory in '92 sold to my uncle and I bought it from him. 3 owners across 3 generations. I call my truck Cheyenne, ran perfect when I got it but I let it sit to long and have been fighting with getting it running right. New batt, New alt, New coil, New cap and rotor. Currently working on getting the fuel tank/ fuel pump replaced after that I have New plugs and wires. I have no idea if the odometer is even close to correct, the speedo / odo doesn't work
You must be registered for see images attach

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It's really cool just how many of these trucks stay in a family as they have so many memories attached to them and keeps them alive. Any vehicle needs to be driven occasionally to prevent all the annoying little issues from cropping up.

alaraine

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. It's really cool just how many of these trucks stay in a family as they have so many memories attached to them and keeps them alive. Any vehicle needs to be driven occasionally to prevent all the annoying little issues from cropping up.
Yeah, it sat so long because my work commute was roughly 90 miles each way and my 2018 trax gets course to 40mpg

alaraine

Reaction score
Finally finished the gas tank install, but of course the battery has sat so long that it's a giant paper weight.

Also can anyone tell me why all the auto parts stores have a small oil filter listed when my truck has a rather large one? Pics tomorrow

alaraine

Reaction score
So I charged the battery cleaned up the fuel pump ground, dumped about 4 gallons of fuel in and checked the crank sensor truck fired right up but it's running rough under load, going to replace the spark plugs and wires and go from there.

alaraine

Reaction score
I had to remove the exhaust from the passenger side of the block to get to plug, engineers "face-palm" I found a diagram for the distributor and plugs, I think my 3 and 8 wires are mixed up but I'm not sure because my distributor is off center, guess I'll switch the wires and see what happens.