Advice for a new owner of an old truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gordy_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do you know how long it's been sitting? It's not unlikely your gonna need to do a fuel pump and possibly rebuild the EFI. My pickup sat for 8 years and needed that done when I resurrected her

Amadeu Bueno

Reaction score
Besides Ebay, you know any other website for parts?
Hi Gabriel. I onw a 1995 C1500 5.7L here in São Paulo since 2001. Sourcing parts to it in Amazon. Generally speaking it is more expensive than Ebay, but in my experience their shipping to Brazil is much easier than Ebay. Summit Racing also has a lot of parts to these trucks.

Amadeu Bueno

Reaction score
Funny, I’ve resorted to Brasil for sourcing of some parts.
The Brazilian version of the Silverado used diferent engines from the US/Canada version. Here GM used a 6 cylinder gasoline and a 4 cylinder diesel (maybe 6 cyl, not sure). But for parts like fenders, hoods, interior trim, etc. you will be able to find interesting things in our "ebay-like" plataforms, such as Mercado Livre and OLX. For instance, my C1500 uses a 5 nut wheel (5x5) and the brake rotors aren't avaliable around here.