Teal daily driven farm truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're welcome!
I'm still somewhat in disbelief that I have been able to score two of these things in 3 weeks. They're so much rarer than regular 400s, they don't get in the yards very often. And when they do, they get picked clean pretty quickly. Like "turkey at Thanksgiving, clean to the bones" quickly....
That is pretty incredible, I don’t even see them out in the road anymore

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That is pretty incredible, I don’t even see them out in the road anymore
Cadillac Bob said he read that there were only around 50,000 of the Escalade built in '99-2000. Denali numbers are probably similar, and Tahoe Z71 and Limited were only 2000 year so prolly not too many of them left. I saw a pewter Z71 one recently here near the park, and that's what @Dariusz Salomon 's Tahoe is. In Oxford, England of all places!

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s a pewter z71 limited in a backyard in town. One of the girls at the banks husbands friend owns it or something like that. Just sitting there, grass growing up around it. She gave my number to her husband but I never heard anything.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queso, I’ve got the next four days off and the shop to myself. I’m going to start by sandblasting these brackets and getting a coat of paint on them so they’ll be cured bygthe time I’m ready to install them.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Queso, I’ve got the next four days off and the shop to myself. I’m going to start by sandblasting these brackets and getting a coat of paint on them so they’ll be cured bygthe time I’m ready to install them.
You must be registered for see images attach
Curious, can they be clear coated?

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious, can they be clear coated?

Is there such a thing as clear powder coating, or clear Cerakote? A silver Cerakote would look cool too, and close to the cast aluminum.
Or you could do like @kennythewelder and polish em.....
Definitely can be cleared and clear powder coat is a thing. I “restored” an original motorcraft alternator on a dent side I was working in and satin cleared it. It turned out nice.

I’m doing “gloss smoke grey” from rust oleum to match the lower intake. I loathe oxidized aluminum, and this still being a working truck I won’t detail it all the time.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing as clear powder coating, or clear Cerakote? A silver Cerakote would look cool too, and close to the cast aluminum.
Or you could do like @kennythewelder and polish em.....
I didn’t understand you were powder coating them, I like that too. But, yeah, clear powder coat would be cool! I’ve always liked the OE look. Either way, your motor already looks good.