Radiator Fluid Drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Das Hatt

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried an advance auto parts, and an AutoZone in my area, neither would accept used coolant. I had to take mine to the county landfill.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depending on local ordinances, dumping it down the toilet might be an approved method. Verify with your city.

Better in the sanitary sewer--which then goes through the local wastewater treatment plant--than into a storm sewer or directly onto the ground which contaminates land and water, kills fishes, destroys the kidneys of any animal that drinks it.

In short...CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITES which may be city, township, or county.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Depending on local ordinances, dumping it down the toilet might be an approved method. Verify with your city.

Better in the sanitary sewer--which then goes through the local wastewater treatment plant--than into a storm sewer or directly onto the ground which contaminates land and water, kills fishes, destroys the kidneys of any animal that drinks it.

In short...CONTACT YOUR LOCAL AUTHORITES which may be city, township, or county.
There was indeed a place I lived years ago that allowed/recommended this. Honestly can't remember where it was; it's been a while.

Got this link from NAPA I believe - https://search.earth911.com/ - you can enter what you need to recycle and your zip code, click search, and it'll find places near you. It works for a lot more than just automotive chemicals, so check it out!

Richard

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A lot of cities , counties have haz waste disposal facilities. To drop , oil filters, used oil, electronic waste and so forth. Do not dump anything in street curb drains. Most street curb drains are not treated and are dumped into storm drains to rivers or other waterways. And yes some state, county , city allow radiator waste coolant dump into sewer system. Only if your on city type sewer system.
Do not dump coolant into your home septic tank leech line system, the concentration will kill your microbe biosystems that breakdown the waste materials.
The info is all available on your city , county, haz mat or public works web pages, 99% sure.
Good luck.