Out of my Element!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New here and new to the Chevy world. Owned an 05 STS back in the day but sold it when I bought my house for upgrades.

Anyhow, my real "project" is my 94' Honda Accord. Parts list too long to list and frankly I'm not here to bore ya'll with this import junk, right?

You must be registered for see images attach
2020-05-25_09-08-47 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

What brings me to GMT400 is my freshly acquired 94' C1500 mated with a Silverado 5.3L and NV3500. Has a TX Speed Cam, LS6 springs, flowmaster 10s and lowered on Belltech 3/4. I can't take ANY credit for the build as the PO did it all. I simply plan on cleaning it up, sourcing some missing interior pieces and learning a thing or two about this truck.

2020-06-18_07-31-44 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

2020-06-18_07-32-14 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

Ultimately, I simply want to do things right the 1st time around. Plan to utilize it as a daily and maximize it's usage for everyday adventure out here in the PNW, ha!

[yt]
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome from just north of you on the other side of the border.
Nice truck.
I'd suggest ditching that oar of a shifter, especially with the 5.3, & upgrading to the Core/Hurst short-throw shifter.
The best $350.00 I've spent on my '97.

https://core-shifters.com/collections/shifters-for-silverado

...along with the clutch master drill mod.
Start @ step #16.

http://installuniversity.com/instal...ages/sophomore_year/drill_master_cylinder.htm

Howdy, neighbor!

Thanks for that info and links! Definitely adding that to the list.

Would you suggest going with the 1" taller or 2" shorter version? Not sure how I feel about it being shorter...

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Parts list too long to list and frankly I'm not here to bore ya'll with this import junk, right?

There is a section here caled "Other Vehicle Builds," and I would like to see details on this "import junk" in there please. I really like the 90's Accords.

Truck looks great, welcome to the site!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Howdy, neighbor!

Thanks for that info and links! Definitely adding that to the list.

Would you suggest going with the 1" taller or 2" shorter version? Not sure how I feel about it being shorter...

I went the longer, & it's a bit shorter than the factory. Took a a couple of days to get used to that.
I bent the arm on mine too. Back & over to me a bit. It was bit too close to the dash in 3rd for my liking. Didn't want to be mashing the knuckles on that 2>3 slam. Not that I would do that. (...very much!) It is just an NV3500. Not the strongest for that kind of abuse. Well...not ALL the time, anyways!