New Guy from MD with LOTs of toys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CumminsFever

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see you're raising the kids right. Got the swing hanging in the garage!
I absolutely love the square body chevy trucks. That crew csb is such a tank. Give it some acreage to turn around, then it's fine. Still love it!
The pics aren't helping my jealousy issues, lol!
Super cool you have a woman who enjoys it with ya and keeps you on track. My wife enjoys trucks, and the crazy things we do to them. She can turn her own wrenches and order her own parts. Keeping my eyes open for a decent truck for her... a project for us!
You got super cool stuff going on there. Absolutely love it!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I absolutely love the square body chevy trucks. That crew csb is such a tank. Give it some acreage to turn around, then it's fine. Still love it!
Super cool you have a woman who enjoys it with ya and keeps you on track. My wife enjoys trucks, and the crazy things we do to them. She can turn her own wrenches and order her own parts. Keeping my eyes open for a decent truck for her... a project for us!
You can daily a crew cab long bed (we've been doing this for a year and a half now) but yup you DO need some space to turn its long a$$ around! We have a '99 C1500 Burb too, but it's been "resting" for the last year, after being in a wreck in August last year and finally getting into a collision repair shop in November last year. The shop didn't put it back together properly, and it needs some other repairs done too (that I couldn't get to when it was all we had to drive!). Hopefully it won't rain all my 3 day Christmas weekend off, and I can get some stuff done to my metal kids....
Welcome to the forum from Houston, Texas, BTW!
You can tell, looking at my signature, that I do love the "more doors". Part of it comes from Dad being 6' and big, and my brother being 6'4", both with big feet too. Mom and I are average height but we like to be comfortable. So full size truck or SUV is a must ....

Reaction score
After doing some digging on this Burb, which I'm hoping to pick up Saturday. It's been sitting for several Months, It's a Canadian....Eh Version. So the speedo is in km and mileage will be off as well. But I'm not so much worried about that as much as the specifics I wanted in a Burb. 2500, decent workable interior and the 454/4l80e power plant and the Clams Shell back window or Tailgate style. (I'm not a barn door kinda guy)

So hopefully I can limp it home about 60 Miles and then I'll get to cracking as it has a stumble slightly above idle.
The typical first, Plugs/Cap/Rotor/wires/brakes/Fuel Press. Reg/Fuel Filter/Fresh gas/Injector inspection/Valve cover gaskets/Brakes/New front windshield which I've been quoted is $330 installed from Safelite. Not bad really.

It's been sitting and neglected but It looks as if someone who owned had decent taste minus the brush guard. It has the old school which I'm finding out Rare PIAA Dual Fog/Beam lights $650 new and still go for $400 now. And I noticed the hinges had white lithium grease on it so I can only "assume" it had a well maintained previous Life. Smokes a little and can assume that with the stumble from a sitting truck and Fuel Pressure regulator being faulty. And injectors probably dirty from sitting. Has the old American Racing Atlas 8 lug wheels as well.

And as a retro bonus is still has.....wait for it.......THE VHS PLAYER UNDER THE SEAT!!!!!

Not sure why I was excited about that but I'll be sure to make it work and feel a little Nostalgia from the turn of the century technology.

Reaction score
Thanks! We try. We just moved out to what family here think is No mans land but cmon, were in MD!. LOL I've been to Madil, Oklahoma before and THAT is no mans land as well as some parts of Texas. HAHA
Wife is great and a gear head as well. We had bikes and she rocked them on her own too. Rockets and could carry that front wheel hard in 2nd and passed me a few times at a buck 40. She itching for another Rocket like a 05/06 Repsol 1000. Maybe next xmas I'll surprise her and she can keep it in the house like we used to! Makes for a great air freshner in the house. No fuel of course.
You can daily a crew cab long bed (we've been doing this for a year and a half now) but yup you DO need some space to turn its long a$$ around! We have a '99 C1500 Burb too, but it's been "resting" for the last year, after being in a wreck in August last year and finally getting into a collision repair shop in November last year. The shop didn't put it back together properly, and it needs some other repairs done too (that I couldn't get to when it was all we had to drive!). Hopefully it won't rain all my 3 day Christmas weekend off, and I can get some stuff done to my metal kids....
Welcome to the forum from Houston, Texas, BTW!
You can tell, looking at my signature, that I do love the "more doors". Part of it comes from Dad being 6' and big, and my brother being 6'4", both with big feet too. Mom and I are average height but we like to be comfortable. So full size truck or SUV is a must ....
Were fairly Tall ourselves. I'm 6' Wife is 5'10. My dad and brother are 6'2 and my father in law was 6'4 or 6'5. But a big lumberjack guy. He was an Arborist by trade. So we think our son is going to be a BIG boy has he's super long for his age.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as far as we are concerned anything past 90's is all crap.....Mostly.

Cheers,
Kraus
Don't knock 88-95 too hard. They're good solid pretty basic trucks without a lot of electronic gizmos in them. Just engine and tranny are electronically controlled. Frames and bodies still have plenty of metal in those years.

They say"He who dies with the most toys wins" and you've got a pretty good start there my friend.

Reaction score
I dig the 90's. The game "he who dies with the most toys wins" I was winning at 19! Lol I had a 94 Lightning, a 86 S10 blazer v8 swapped on the old BlazinLow forums back in 2002 and had a 89 BRONCO II with a James duff lift. Surely had some toys, lots of fun and moved out at 20. But I've Been fortunate. Worked in a Performance machine shop a few years then got into HVAC industrial.

But not biased on brand, mainly on decade. I want to say around 2006 they started getting goofy on tech. And downhill from there except safety features and testing. I just prefer more mechanical control vs. Fly by wire throttle, electronic steering, drive assist ect... makes people less with the road and rely on tech.... which is what I've moved onto. Working for a company that's key goal is to eliminate carbon emissions. And I just laugh at it but my soul dies a little each day I go to work.

My wife on the other hand doesn't like anything past 1989. hahaha she's the hard one to convince and Hates mustangs.

Had a 04 cobra Terminator Whipple car. But she didn't like the ****** Canoes that came with those types of groups....as she says, "I'd rather have the old farmer wave to me in a squarebody then another Jeeper" and "Why the hell did someone put a duck on the jeep"
I'm only 39 and she's 36. The profile picture is one I had of my dad in the early 90's driving the truck he sold and I bought almost 2 decades later from the lady he sold it to.

-we sold.her 86 short bed Scottsdale and regret that big time.

Our Mojave lasted less then a year. And sold back to the dealer.

Here's a fun fact. She doesn't know I bought the burb. So if yall don't hear from me, you know what's up.