New Guy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OldRed96

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Earlier this year my dad started fixing up his '96 C1500 that he bought new. Right now it has about 196k miles on it but is still rolling on. Like a lot of the trucks posted on here, this one has a tremendous amount of sentimental value to our family. From lake trips, to ball fields, to tobacco fields. This truck is a part of the family!

We have had much of the exterior restored (paint, new tailgate, etc.) but we are still trying to get the interior as close to new as possible. While researching I stumbled on this forum and lurked enough to know that there is some serious knowledge and experience here that I can learn from, so naturally I joined!

I look forward to chatting here with you all and getting this truck back to glory!!

Attachments

• IMG_2571.jpeg
    IMG_2571.jpeg
    400.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_2570.jpeg
    IMG_2570.jpeg
    342.7 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2569.jpeg
    IMG_2569.jpeg
    390.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_2575.jpeg
    IMG_2575.jpeg
    405.2 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_2573.jpeg
    IMG_2573.jpeg
    374.1 KB · Views: 20

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada
That looks as sharp as knife!!!! Sweet
And never seen a hood emblem on a 400. Different and cool. Hopefully no hoodlums like it more than you.
Just cleaning it up or is it getting slammed and dubbed!!!!! Lol

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Earlier this year my dad started fixing up his '96 C1500 that he bought new. Right now it has about 196k miles on it but is still rolling on. Like a lot of the trucks posted on here, this one has a tremendous amount of sentimental value to our family. From lake trips, to ball fields, to tobacco fields. This truck is a part of the family!

We have had much of the exterior restored (paint, new tailgate, etc.) but we are still trying to get the interior as close to new as possible. While researching I stumbled on this forum and lurked enough to know that there is some serious knowledge and experience here that I can learn from, so naturally I joined!

I look forward to chatting here with you all and getting this truck back to glory!!

That is a museum quality time machine! You could put the Monroney sticker (in the last photo)
back up on the window and I would completely believe it!

Welcome to the GMT400 forum. Lots of fellow enthusiasts in here, no doubt you will
instantly feel right at home.

Cheers --

Last edited:

OldRed96

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada
That looks as sharp as knife!!!! Sweet
And never seen a hood emblem on a 400. Different and cool. Hopefully no hoodlums like it more than you.
Just cleaning it up or is it getting slammed and dubbed!!!!! Lol
The look on my dad's face if I did that would be hilarious :Big Laugh:

Thanks for the welcome!