Out of my Element!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck.

Good looking 5th gen accord too. I've been eye balling a 6th gen lately as a gas saver/toy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a section here caled "Other Vehicle Builds," and I would like to see details on this "import junk" in there please. I really like the 90's Accords.

Truck looks great, welcome to the site!

Sounds good! I'll post up some info :)

And thanks for the warm welcome!

P.S. any idea how I get the "multi-quote" function to work? It's not working for me...

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went the longer, & it's a bit shorter than the factory. Took a a couple of days to get used to that.
I bent the arm on mine too. Back & over to me a bit. It was bit too close to the dash in 3rd for my liking. Didn't want to be mashing the knuckles on that 2>3 slam. Not that I would do that. (...very much!) It is just an NV3500. Not the strongest for that kind of abuse. Well...not ALL the time, anyways!

LOL I hear ya! Good to know that the "longer" version is still shorter than stock - very good to note!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
P.S. any idea how I get the "multi-quote" function to work? It's not working for me...

If you click on the "+ Quote" button on the bottom right of every post you want to quote and then click "Insert Quotes" at the bottom left of the post composition window, it should add all of them to the body of your post. Alternatively you can highlight specific text from other posts and you should get a little pop-up that says "+ Quote" and "Reply." You can use this to quote specific text without quoting the entire post.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice truck.

Good looking 5th gen accord too. I've been eye balling a 6th gen lately as a gas saver/toy.

Thank you!

The 6th gens are notorious for having terrible transmissions issues unless you find them in manual. I've always been a sucker for the 5th gen - the Euro R 6th gen would be the runner up for me! lol

If you click on the "+ Quote" button on the bottom right of every post you want to quote and then click "Insert Quotes" at the bottom left of the post composition window, it should add all of them to the body of your post. Alternatively you can highlight specific text from other posts and you should get a little pop-up that says "+ Quote" and "Reply." You can use this to quote specific text without quoting the entire post.

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the "Insert Quotes" button at the bottom left after clicking on the "+ Quote" on multiple post...maybe I'm too new here to have access to that feature yet? So, I just copy and pasted utilizing the "+/insert" function at the top of the "post reply" box. :oops:

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you!

The 6th gens are notorious for having terrible transmissions issues unless you find them in manual. I've always been a sucker for the 5th gen - the Euro R 6th gen would be the runner up for me! lol

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the "Insert Quotes" button at the bottom left after clicking on the "+ Quote" on multiple post...maybe I'm too new here to have access to that feature yet? So, I just copy and pasted utilizing the "+/insert" function at the top of the "post reply" box. :oops:
Only way I'd get another Honda would be with a stick. I had a 98 EK coupe HX a few years ago that was auto and it was awful. Also had an 86 Prelude Si with a 5spd. My current gas saver I'm in the process of selling is a 95 miata 5spd. Small cars like this have to be stick for me to enjoy them.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only way I'd get another Honda would be with a stick. I had a 98 EK coupe HX a few years ago that was auto and it was awful. Also had an 86 Prelude Si with a 5spd. My current gas saver I'm in the process of selling is a 95 miata 5spd. Small cars like this have to be stick for me to enjoy them.

I hear ya, my man. I've also always been a sucker for the Del Sol lol great gas savers with their little D16s.