Out of my Element!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This prob isn't the best place to ask in an intro thread but what do ya'll utilize to make everyday hauls more practical? For example, going to get groceries? My truck is my daily and want to maximize it's usage for everyday task - is there a cargo net to keep things from moving in the back of the bed? Coolers with tow straps? Empty storage containers? I more-so would like the idea of an easy and quick removal of things as the short bed can already be limited before adding something like a tool box in the bed...

I'm open to any suggestions/guidance!

TexasRebel

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This prob isn't the best place to ask in an intro thread but what do ya'll utilize to make everyday hauls more practical? For example, going to get groceries? My truck is my daily and want to maximize it's usage for everyday task - is there a cargo net to keep things from moving in the back of the bed? Coolers with tow straps? Empty storage containers? I more-so would like the idea of an easy and quick removal of things as the short bed can already be limited before adding something like a tool box in the bed...

I'm open to any suggestions/guidance!
We usually throw coolers in the bed for the cold stuff and strap them up at the front of the bed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I was going to say tool box until I finished reading the post. :lol:

I love mine. I do have a long bed though so space isn't as big of a concern.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We usually throw coolers in the bed for the cold stuff and strap them up at the front of the bed.

I was thinking the same thing - cooler for the cold stuff and some totes for the dry things. Combine that with a cover as suggested below and we'll be in business.

I was going to say tool box until I finished reading the post. :lol:

I love mine. I do have a long bed though so space isn't as big of a concern.

:rofl:

I don't plan on doing much hauling really but if the times arise, I want to have the available space when needed lol it would be a much "cleaner" look than say a few random totes and coolers :uhoh2:

How about a tonneau cover?

I was intrigued by them - it would definitely hide the "eye-sore" of random boxes and the benefit of not getting blown away would also be a plus. Not that totes and coolers are a terrible thing to look at but I hope you catch my drift.

Any reputable vendors to explore options with?

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question for anyone coming thru here lol I been searching all day and can't find a definite answer - what's the towing capacity and/or payload for these 2WD C1500 with a Belltech 2/4 kit installed?

Awest623

A juicy girl got me, again
Reaction score
If you click on the "+ Quote" button on the bottom right of every post you want to quote and then click "Insert Quotes" at the bottom left of the post composition window, it should add all of them to the body of your post. Alternatively you can highlight specific text from other posts and you should get a little pop-up that says "+ Quote" and "Reply." You can use this to quote specific text without quoting the entire post.

I've been on here for 3 years and today I learned how to use multi-quote and partial-quote :crazy:

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too much? Not sure. There is a good chance that it may be. Lol!

Got a little project coming up - it's about 2k lbs of stepping stones/pavers so I'm wondering how many trips I gotta make lol

I've been on here for 3 years and today I learned how to use multi-quote and partial-quote :crazy:

Never too late to learn a new thing or two.