New tools!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know about nut setter, I have used these with sheet metal screws self tapping, self drilling type with, six point head. Shallow with magnet to hold screw when driving.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
New snap ring pliers and a press.

You must be registered for see images attach

Been borrowing a press for eons but this time around I caved and bought my own. Super glad I did, usually it's for one or 2 things at a time but since cracking into the Corvette's drivetrain I've used it a bunch. Blew apart 2 transmissions, used it to disassemble/reassemble the diff, and used it to disassemble/repair the torque tube. Trans reassembly is on hold for parts but will once again require its usage.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's an odd place to keep your stapler. :cool:
Kicked it to the curb along with a lot of other stuff :biggrin:

That press looks like the one I bought at HF to do my 10 bolt, haven't used it since. I've been thinking about modifying it to fit one of my air over hydraulic jacks so I don't have to pump it all day :waytogo:

HotrodZ06

GMT400 Collector
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That press looks like the one I bought at HF to do my 10 bolt, haven't used it since. I've been thinking about modifying it to fit one of my air over hydraulic jacks so I don't have to pump it all day :waytogo:
Been thinking the same about mine lol

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
New snap ring pliers and a press.

Been borrowing a press for eons but this time around I caved and bought my own. Super glad I did, usually it's for one or 2 things at a time but since cracking into the Corvette's drivetrain I've used it a bunch. Blew apart 2 transmissions, used it to disassemble/reassemble the diff, and used it to disassemble/repair the torque tube. Trans reassembly is on hold for parts but will once again require its usage.
That HF press is perfect for a home shop. I've used the crap out of mine.

I ‘ve got the same one. Plan to build a square frame to raise it about 2-2.5’ and put casters on it so i can move it around.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That's an odd place to keep your stapler. :cool:

Along with the other few carpentry tools on the ground that don't fit in the new box. I have yet to come up with a decent storage solution, but there was enough room shoehorn the press in there with 'em.

That immediately came to mind. Takes forever to get the jack into position, but still been using the crap out of it since I got it. I've taken apart 2 T56s, rebuilt the torque tube, and disassembled/reassembled my C5 diff with it. Going to get my C5 T56 together this week and once the car is buttoned up, scatter the spare F body T56 for repair.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I recently also bought the same or similar press from Northern Tool to regear a rear end. I put mine on casters I had laying around.

I was checking out SWAG for their attachments for doing light metal fabrication, to make it more versatile.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I recently also bought the same or similar press from Northern Tool to regear a rear end. I put mine on casters I had laying around.

I was checking out SWAG for their attachments for doing light metal fabrication, to make it more versatile.

SWAG?