New Year's present to myself: a topside creeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saw one of these in action a few years ago, and was amazed at the simplicity and utility of the concept.
For working in the engine bay, this tool is the bee's knees.

You must be registered for see images attach

I was under the impression that they'd be a lot more expensive than they turned out to be. At around $325 new, or less depending on the manufacturer, it seems like quite a bit of bang for the buck.

Even though I hadn't planned on ordering it until the garage was further along, I found a used one on Amazon, which they described as "acceptable" due to a couple of scratches and some missing assembly hardware. That allowed me to save some bucks, so I jumped on it.

Having read plenty of reviews and watched several videos, my sense is that even with its few flaws it's a solid tool investment. My expectations is that it will earn its keep in short order. It even folds up to lean against a wall when not in use.

It's supposed to arrive in less than two weeks. I'll update this thread after it arrives and I've have a chance to try it out.

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I am 6'4" tall and use a single step stool if need extra length but my shop owner friend is 5'9" tall and uses one of these on a very regular basis and it works great and saves him so much time. It is nice to know can hover safely over a running engine when needed.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am 6'4" tall and use a single step stool if need extra length but my shop owner friend is 5'9" tall and uses one of these on a very regular basis and it works great and saves him so much time. It is nice to know can hover safely over a running engine when needed.
I’m 5’ 8”, so it’s a must have for me.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The creeper showed up, in a somewhat battered shipping box, which is about what I expected. But there weren’t any scratches or other signs of wear. The cushion wasn’t torn, and nothing was bent. It may be just that someone ordered it and decided to return it without trying to assemble it. So far so good.

However, during assembly I discovered that two large bolts needed to finish the job weren’t in the package, but the locking nuts for them were. Go figure. Apparently they weren’t packed at the factory, as both the plastic parts bag and the box it came in were undamaged.

The bolts require a 19mm wrench and are not available locally. So I contacted the company by email and they responded within an hour. They said they’d be glad to mail me the replacement bolts. Not sure how long that will take, but it doesn’t really matter. I’m impressed by their customer service, and really happy to have saved 80 bucks off the “new” price.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure this is of lesser quality, but for how many times I’d use it’s tempting.