New Year's present to myself: a topside creeper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure this is of lesser quality, but for how many times I’d use it’s tempting.
96% of the 23 ratings were either 4 or 5 stars, so it can't be all that bad, I'd think.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Anything that keeps the "junk" from catching on that gender-changing hood latch has to be a good thing
Yup I ripped a pair of work pants on that hood latch, tore em to rags. Didn't feel real good sliding down the front of the truck either....
I usually fold up an old bath towel in several layers and cover it with that. I'd taken that away, when I saw something I needed to sort out under the hood, before I forgot about it. Jumped up on the core support, and...RIIIIIIP.

Anchor

Reaction score
I realize this is an old post but seeing it I had to add that I purchased one a couple of years ago and can't believe I ever worked on autos without it. I am 6 ft. tall and I use it on everything. I wish I owned that patent. Get it now.

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize this is an old post but seeing it I had to add that I purchased one a couple of years ago and can't believe I ever worked on autos without it. I am 6 ft. tall and I use it on everything. I wish I owned that patent. Get it now.
That's good to hear - thanks. I'm still waiting on a couple of bolts to be sent so that I can finish assembling it, and try it out.

Last edited:

South VA

K2500 454 Long Roof
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And here it is:

You must be registered for see images attach

I have to say that it seems pretty sturdy. It also went together without any issue (other than the missing bolts). Some of the reviewers on amazon mentioned bent rails and holes that didn't line up, but I found none of that. Some reviewers also suggested swapping out the pipe insulation used as padding on the frame, with pool noodles to better protect the vehicle. Makes sense.

I believe that this will do the trick!