Tools needed for my 95 c3500hd 7.4L dually?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
This is the second recommendation for cordless tools. My youtubing makes me think the Ryobi brushless 1+ extended reach is the best bang for my buck, even though it's half the RPM of the Milwaukee.

Milwaukee has been the gold standard for a lot of cordless power tools since the M18 first came out and they are still holding strong on most head-to-head comparisons.

And FYI, they will be coming out with a new battery pack later this year for the M18 line that should bump all current tools up to another level.

I've had M18 and M12 for a while and I wasn't a die-hard Milwaukee guy until I bought a HD12 battery and saw how that improved everything else I already had. If your going to invest in cordless tools pick 1 brand and stick with them IMO.

mooreATL

Reaction score
Milwaukee has been the gold standard for a lot of cordless power tools since the M18 first came out and they are still holding strong on most head-to-head comparisons.

And FYI, they will be coming out with a new battery pack later this year for the M18 line that should bump all current tools up to another level.

I've had M18 and M12 for a while and I wasn't a die-hard Milwaukee guy until I bought a HD12 battery and saw how that improved everything else I already had. If your going to invest in cordless tools pick 1 brand and stick with them IMO.
My wife got me a m18 impact drill/driver for Christmas, so of I can find the m12 brushless on discount locally I will go that route, or I may wait for the newer ones to come out and just get the extended reach version.

I think this thread is convincing me to not buy sub-par tools more than anything else, so I only buy it once.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My youtubing makes me think the Ryobi brushless 1+ extended reach is the best bang for my buck, even though it's half the RPM of the Milwaukee.
My Ryobi cordless tools are in a bin for the next garage sale. The batteries were worthless garbage, and the tools themselves weren't much better. I just started switching to Makita last year and they've already given me more work for my money than the Ryobis did.

I do have a Milwaukee cordless screwdriver that I've had for thirty years. It's freaking fantastic. I did have to replace the batteries and charger a couple years ago, but for the work it's done it's worth it. Back in the day when I was a dealer technician, I could change the stereo in an Altima with it in five minutes. It's not a "buy it now" tool, it's a tool for when you already have your full set and you want to upgrade to some nicer time-saving tools. I just mention it to say that I wouldn't hesitate to buy Milwaukee. This is a newer version.
www.amazon.com/Lithium-Ion-Battery-Swivel-Cordless-Screwdriver/dp/B00CLUGPQ0

DeWalt is also worth the money. When my race team goes to the track, we have a bin of DeWalt tools. All the batteries are Amazon replacements, because DeWalt batteries are stupid expensive.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My Ryobi cordless tools are in a bin for the next garage sale. The batteries were worthless garbage, and the tools themselves weren't much better. I just started switching to Makita last year and they've already given me more work for my money than the Ryobis did.

Well that stinks. I just bought a bunch of Ryobi stuff during Home Depot's "Ryobi Days". So far I've really only used the vacuum and flashlight. I also bought a 3/8 impact and a 1/4 hex driver. Also a buffer, but may return that if I'm not past the window.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First thing inwoid get is a GOOD floor Jack and GOOD heavy duty Jack stands and wheel chocks.
As time goes on get both metric and standard tools wrenches sockets etc. spend the money for GOOD ratchets.
If it’s a OBDII get a scan tool. Yiu dot need pro level but a decent one is gonna run $4-500.
Eventually a air compressor and some small 12v battery powered small ratchet and screw gun and impact work well for a lot of work.
A good multimeter and test light. I would get a powered test probe.