Rear axel payload upgrade solutions 95 c3500HD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Would you have any leads for a text backup version of the forum, or where I could find any backups?

The world loses so much valuable information from forums on a daily basis.... It's like the modern burning of Alexandria, except it's a slower quieter loss of information.

Doesn't help any with this specific situation but just FYI... There is a neat little program called HTTrack which will enable you to build an offline backup of an entire website. I recently used it to make a backup of Nemiga Parts Chevrolet so I'll always have a copy of the parts diagrams for these trucks (and other GM vehicles), complete with all discontinued part numbers as well. I've been considering backing up this site too, just in case.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regardless what others say, your a business, you have liability, in the event you were involved in a vehicle crash, and found to operating over capacity, your wrong and will have to prove your not. And the insurance has deep pockets, operate over weight they might deny coverage, and whatever law enforcement is involved the will examine every detail. We all see all kinds of vehicles being driven beyond there ability.
Yesterday on way back from Bay area, a F150 with concrete bags in bed sagging , and a tandem utility with rebar started doing the wiggle trailer dance. Clear left, hit the gas, get away from that accident waiting to happen.
Just make your choices with both eyes open.
Good luck!

mooreATL

Reaction score
Regardless what others say, your a business, you have liability, in the event you were involved in a vehicle crash, and found to operating over capacity, your wrong and will have to prove your not. And the insurance has deep pockets, operate over weight they might deny coverage, and whatever law enforcement is involved the will examine every detail. We all see all kinds of vehicles being driven beyond there ability.
Yesterday on way back from Bay area, a F150 with concrete bags in bed sagging , and a tandem utility with rebar started doing the wiggle trailer dance. Clear left, hit the gas, get away from that accident waiting to happen.
Just make your choices with both eyes open.
Good luck!
As said before, I wouldn't exceed the GVWR under any circumstance for just that reason, so even if I'm hit by a drunk driver the insurance issue wouldn't be a concern. My worries are 100% on this investment needing more investment instead of generating cash flow, and staying within the legal limits. It's a step in the staircase to a larger (and much more expensive) 26ft box truck.

Good looking out though..

Last edited:

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As said before, I wouldn't exceed the GVWR under any circumstance for just that reason, so even if I'm hit by a drunk driver the insurance issue wouldn't be a concern. My worries are 100% on this investment needing more investment instead of generating cash flow, and staying within the legal limits. It's a step in the staircase to a larger (and much more expensive) 26ft box truck.

Good looking out though..
there is a 3500HD group on Facebook that is fairly active.

You can easily upgrade to dual piston calipers (they were used on 3500HD tow trucks) but swapping brakes on these things is an unbelievable workout.. wheels and tires weigh 121lbs each. :bawl:

You must be registered for see images attach

These trucks haul way more than their rating, so you will be fine remaining within rating.

Last edited:

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
there is a 3500HD group on Facebook that is fairly active.

Thanks for that! I had no idea.

You can easily upgrade to dual piston calipers (they were used on 3500HD tow trucks) but swapping brakes on these things is an unbelievable workout.. wheels and tires weigh 121lbs each. :bawl:
That's no lie. They're the kind of heavy that makes you want to buy a tire dolly. Not like they're as heavy as big truck wheels/tires, but they can still make you invent new cuss words trying to R&R them.

A bed full of them strained the load capacity a tiny bit on my old '94 C2500LD!

Richard

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks for that! I had no idea.

That's no lie. They're the kind of heavy that makes you want to buy a tire dolly. Not like they're as heavy as big truck wheels/tires, but they can still make you invent new cuss words trying to R&R them.

A bed full of them strained the load capacity a tiny bit on my old '94 C2500LD!

Richard
Ah for a time machine,to be able to go to your yard.....full size toys to play with!

mooreATL

Reaction score
Edit: added photo.

Got in last night, snapped a photo before bed. Surprisingly the truck bed is dock height, and its a dump-bed! Odometer read 45802, all original miles aroud campus. They had issues with the cooling system and took it to a local dealership that maintains their fleet so i grabbed up those documents (they paid 1200 more in repairs than I paid total for the truck 371 dys later!) before I learned how to drive stick in a parking lot and drove 560 miles south!

This is my first truck, and as someone who daily drives an 09 civic, I was AMAZED at two things: it goes up mountains like nothing, seemingly no strain at all, and holy gas bill...

I am no longer worried about the axel, since I won't have to add a lift gate due to it being dock height!! So that's an extra 1k lbs in rear axel payload capacity ! I do have questions now, so ill post some of this in another thread and close up this one.