First truck owner, 95 GMC c3500HD flatbed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mooreATL

Reaction score
Hello folks! I just bought my first truck! Only one photo right now since i had to get to bed last night and get to work today. I learned how to drive a manual yesterday and drove across 4 states (way easier driving one than thinking about driving one for the first time).

I love it. The ash tray was stuffed with Marlboro reds, the interior was filthy, and cosmetically it looks awful. Mechanically it's as sound as can be 45800 original engine miles, driven by a university sports team to move equipment around campus, and maintained by a locap dealer along with the rest of the college fleet.. I am likely the first person to use 4th and 5th gear on it (seriously). The college auctioned it off since they have a brand new 2022 250/2500 flatbed. I paid $5675, and the college had $6800 in repairs done last year for coolant systems replacements, and welding a floor plate in due to cab rust.

I'm excited.

Attachments

• 20230807_230844.jpg
    20230807_230844.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 19

mooreATL

Reaction score
Pretty cool truck, what’s the plans for it?
After having the former GM mechanic comb it over Monday, getting the frame sandblasted to make sure it's sound and handling the basic maintenance on it the plan is to use it to load/unload items from dock to dock mostly. I'm fortunate that the bed is already 48", so no loft gate should be needed! I found out it has a hydraulic dump bed, so ill be scrapping stuff as well.

Only immediate changes will involve a few tweaks to allow multiple tie down options.

After I stop putting it to work I may do something else. Until then not much will change except oil, tires and wiper blades. Oh, if something needs to be replaced between now and then I'll likely weigh the cost benefit of upgrades/alterations.

mysterytruck

Reaction score
Hello folks! I just bought my first truck! Only one photo right now since i had to get to bed last night and get to work today. I learned how to drive a manual yesterday and drove across 4 states (way easier driving one than thinking about driving one for the first time).

I love it. The ash tray was stuffed with Marlboro reds, the interior was filthy, and cosmetically it looks awful. Mechanically it's as sound as can be 45800 original engine miles, driven by a university sports team to move equipment around campus, and maintained by a locap dealer along with the rest of the college fleet.. I am likely the first person to use 4th and 5th gear on it (seriously). The college auctioned it off since they have a brand new 2022 250/2500 flatbed. I paid $5675, and the college had $6800 in repairs done last year for coolant systems replacements, and welding a floor plate in due to cab rust.

I'm excited.
Cool! Looks like mine. I'm jealous that you've got a stick shift - automatics make me sleepy on long hauls.. are you gonna use it as a money maker or a weekender?