First Time GMT400 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes and compliments!

Nice truck, wheels don’t look bad on it. Maybe a little smaller front tire would make them look better.

Those wheels look "era appropriate" for the truck. I second that a smaller tire on the front, might improve the looks....
I really like the later style blue leather bucket seats and console!

Well, after further review of the suspension and the offset, those wheels gotta go. Right now it has absolutely no suspension travel front or rear. That's the only reason that setup does not crash into the fenders (front and rear). I ordered some 20x8.5 wheels with tires, with a much better offset. Then I can loosen up the suspension and make it way better to drive.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Finally got around to posting the build/progress thread:

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
So is that a random picture that is your profile pic or is that what it’s turned into but yet to post pictures? lol and looks like a somewhat updated interior with the buckets and center console I’m not overly familiar with standard cabs so I could be totally wrong lol but nice job looks like once cleaned up that it will be quite nice and you’ll have plenty of years of service from it!

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So is that a random picture that is your profile pic or is that what it’s turned into but yet to post pictures? lol and looks like a somewhat updated interior with the buckets and center console I’m not overly familiar with standard cabs so I could be totally wrong lol but nice job looks like once cleaned up that it will be quite nice and you’ll have plenty of years of service from it!
Hi Bob, thanks for the compliments!

My profile pic is probably the most recent picture of the whole truck. No random photos! LOL

This was after replacing the wheels & tires and doing some miner suspension tweaks (cutting down or replacing/removing the rubber snubbers). Currently it's been undergoing suspension, chassis, and brake repairs/updates in my garage. It now has new rear brakes, the rear anti-lock removal mod, and a c-notch in the rear frame. Right now I'm in the process of doing the front with new drop spindles and springs, new brake components (all of them), new ball joints, new tie rod ends, new wheel bearings, and new shocks.

The buckets and console came with the truck, but I'm sure they are not original. The previous owner told me the interior was in rough shape when he bought it. There are only 2 bolts holding the driver seat and nothing holding the console in place. The seat will get fixed while I have the front up in the air. I'll have to deal with the console later.

That's pretty much the cliff notes of what I've done so far, since I first posted this.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Wow lots of work sir!!! But your profile picture shows it’s worth it!! Looking real nice and soon to be putting a whole bunch of newer models to shame!!! Just as I do with my 400 Escalade when I happen to drive it during the week and picking up my kiddos there’s a 3rd gen gmt900 that has some mods done but also has visible rust going on and I catch the guy looking at mine being the OG and still looking like she’s going to prom!! lol here’s couple pics one from yesterday and another from last winter!
You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Thank you sir! Yeah I definitely like 1st gens lol 3rd gen dark mocha metallic platinum edition no esv’s pic below are my second favorite Escalade and if I was to update from my first gen besides buying another one which has been on my mind when the time comes! an just a little bit of the
4-5th gens as they’re both just ok but they’re not all that much different from 3rd gens motor wise and I’m not really a fan of the lightsaber taillights and both have essentially the same side profiles as lesser models which is disappointing since you’re paying more! But 5th gen has a killer interior but the exterior is just a supersized xt6 which is a decent looking vehicle but not for the Escalade!
But for me the V is really only 5 gen it’d bother with but 5 gens seem like they have a few more problems than other gens. I really want to hear that akg audio system!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Hahaha thank you for the welcoming but I’ve been a member on here for a year or more now lol I was just expanding on my own likes dislikes of the different generations of Escalades. I’ve own my gmt400 Escalade for 13 years this November. A grew up with 400’s Throughout my teens to early twenties to taking ownership of one myself in my early thirties.