1991 C1500 in Florida

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello fellow GMT400 fans. As I put in my introduction last week, this is going to be the thread about my truck. I purchased it last week, a 1991 Chevrolet C1500 SCSB Sportside.

You must be registered for see images attach

The PO had the truck painted by his mechanic, along with lowering it, replacing some interior items (dash and seats), and installing a Pioneer head unit with Bluetooth. Lets just say that now that i have had the truck for almost a week, and had time to look over a few things in detail, I think said mechanic may need to retire... I'll get into this more as I go.

For now, I am very happy with the purchase and am very excited to get into this truck some more and start driving it when I can. First order of business:

New wheels & tires, front brake job, front springs, lowering spindles, front shocks, and cut down the factory snubbers. Currently the wheels need to be replaced, as when I loosen up the suspension, the current combo will crash into the fenders. As it sits, there is no suspension travel, other than the tire height.

Here are some photos of the rear suspension:

It has a flip kit in it and shock extenders. Note the stock snubber on the frame. The old spring perch is right up against it... I thought that someone may have heated the ends of the springs to lower it farther, but comparing them to photos of replacement springs (on the web), they look the same.

I'm pretty sure it has the stock shackle on it, too. I'm just going to have to put a C-notch kit in it and see what happens from there.

Before I do anything else, I'm replacing the wheel and tire combo. These wheels & tires won't work with any suspension travel, front or rear. When I get them in and on the truck, I'll post pictures.

That's all for now!

Carmela_obs

Reaction score
Great looking truck to start with. Def get the front fenders rolled tight and research which spindles won’t push out the track width. DJM/McGaughys are minimal or spring for Reacts, but if you want full setup go control arms and coil over. The rear I would consider a nice under bed notch and roll fenders as well.