3/4 ton Chevy pickup owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EJ_74

Reaction score
Hey my name's Elijah. I'm from North Carolina. I work on cars as a hobby. This is my first truck. Been wanting one for a while and finally got one like I wanted last September. It's a 2000 3/4 ton, 2wd with a 350 and 4L80. 3.73 9.5" rear end. Just a plain white truck, regular cab long bed, manual windows and locks, vinyl floor, bench seat. It is a bit custom as you can see from the higher trim level front end and the later model aluminum wheels. I also changed the cloth seats to vinyl.

Probably paid too much for it but it's a good starting point. Needs some mechanical attention but the body is really nice. Not a whole lot of damage and no rust. I've done a lot of stuff to it already but there's still more to do to. I'm going to keep it mostly stock, just want to fix everything that's worn, maybe upgrade or customize a few things, and have a dependable work truck.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I am currently in the process of swapping the engine and transmission. Transmission is just getting rebuilt but I'm replacing the engine with a GM 383 stroker (will be able to reuse the stock intake, exhaust, wiring harness, etc.).

Hope to learn more about these trucks with you guys and maybe share some things I've learned too. Thanks.