First Time GMT400 Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLGS400

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello folks! Been lurking here for a while and registered about a month ago to learn more about these GMT400 (OBS) trucks. Just picked one up today, and this is the first time I've had one. I'm no stranger to things Chevrolet, as I have owned a bunch in my life (Mostly Chevelles, Camaros, and Novas). As a matter of fact, I think this is the first Chevy truck I've had. Since everyone likes photos, here are a few:

You must be registered for see images attach

Excuse all the stuff in the passenger side. I brought a lot with me when I went to get it.

Its a 1991, and this thing runs and drives great. The guy I got it form put a lot into it. Unfortunately, when his mechanic lowered it, I think they did the 4/6 drop with a flip kit, then heated the ends of the rear springs to make it even lower. The old spring perches are on the frame, while makes for a bouncy ride (no C notch either). I'll get into that in the appropriate thread though, and probably start a thread in the members area to track the stuff I do to it.

I also own a 1969 Buick GS400, and that is where my screen name came from (from another forum).

Looking forward to posting more soon, but for now I'm going back outside to oogle at it for a while and make a list (yes, those wheels and tires are going to go soon).

Rich
FLGS400

95OBSMan

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, lots of good stuff here!! Looks like a pretty solid platform to start with, always liked the "step side" beds!

Interesting hood prop rod, engine bay is clean as is the engine, no oily stuff anywhere, thats a plus, interior looks really clean as well, like the seats and console!

Appears to have had a respray, that looks good from what I can see, look forward to seeing what changes you have in store for it!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice truck, wheels don’t look bad on it. Maybe a little smaller front tire would make them look better.

Overall i like it!
Those wheels look "era appropriate" for the truck. I second that a smaller tire on the front, might improve the looks....
I really like the later style blue leather bucket seats and console!

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta Canada.
And double welcome to the blue stepside club!!!
That's a great little truck you have there.
Enjoy it, hopefully you get the rear end all fixed up properly. I highly recommend removing the bed, learn from my mistake!!!! Lol