2000 Heavy 3/4 Ton Student Project

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome, great to see you are inspiring the next generation of truck owners to appreciate these earlier examples. They are a great way to learn as they are fairly basic but still encompass some of the modern technology. Definitely start a build thread and encourage your students to ask questions when they need more info. I will be watching their progress from half way around the world in New Zealand.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I thought that the nv5600 was a cummins transmission only maybe might have also been able to get paired with the 8.0l v10 magnum
It was only available on dodges From factory. But its still a NV bellhousing. It can be done . But since u can get a nv4500 or zf6 full eng/ trany combo if u look hard enough most dont Bother with it. That bein said if i had a boneyard and it had a nv5600 sittin next to a ls… im liable to get redneck drunk and mate them!