Slop /play in 95-98 power buckets near the track and back rest wobble (Any known mod or solution)?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I directly asked one individual who knows a bit about Obs seating , but I figured I’d also bring the question to the main forum inacase someone Maybe somebody out there has seen this regular issue with their 95-98 bucket seats, and was able to resolve the little bit of slop and play that they seem to have over the years of use. It tends to be noticeable down at the power track mechanism… ((Not at the back rest hinge)) . From my angle it looks like some sort of riveted area or pressed pins . It’s hard to tell ?

I Figured I’d ask if anybody found a makeshift solution or mod or fix for the common problem.
I posted a short clip

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m in for ideas, the 40 of my 60/40 makes similar noises going down the road. Admittedly I haven’t spent any time diagnosing it.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Additionally posting a small short clip of back rest play in passenger
(Manual bucket ) .
I know it’s extremely common 9-10 do this but I gotta believe by now someone came up with a repair for both scenarios
Taking ideas or mods for this annoyance ?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m in for ideas, the 40 of my 60/40 makes similar noises going down the road. Admittedly I haven’t spent any time diagnosing it.
Yep I’m guessing in regards to the love and upkeep of the Obs trucks and keeping factory equipment someone like new , someone out there has found a solution to these known seat issues ??

Only thing I can imagine and would hope for is maybe hidden loosened bolts that have undone from the use of back and forth track movement over 25yrs

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m convinced it’s also related to power seat only as far as the first video is concerned. I’ve never seen the
Loose /play down low from any manual seats I’ve had with other 95-98 trucks

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not saying definitely your issue but I used to fix/weld seat frames for an upholstery guy, years of use sometimes the frames can develop cracks until eventually they break,digging in pockets while seated with full weight on the backrest is hella hard on frames and mechanisms. nobody ever lubes the stuff either so tracks and adjustment mechanisms can get sloppy.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not saying definitely your issue but I used to fix/weld seat frames for an upholstery guy, years of use sometimes the frames can develop cracks until eventually they break,digging in pockets while seated with full weight on the backrest is hella hard on frames and mechanisms. nobody ever lubes the stuff either so tracks and adjustment mechanisms can get sloppy.
Thanks for the suggestions Yea like I mentioned back to @sewlow Im gonna get to the root of the issue when I get the core off to replace the covers etc … let I have any cracks Ill weld them back firm ..
I think I kinda know what to expect at this point . I may even leave it as is .. nothing is drastically bad but it’s worth fixing if I’m investing into the interior restoration as I already have been