Replace 60/40 Bench with OEM 95-98 Power Buckets and Console

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I'm sure this has already been asked...but I currently have a wore out 60/40 bench in my truck, I would like to replace it with 95-98 OEM power bucket seats and console. What modifications would I have to do in order to accomplish this? I would be buying the seats and console complete assemblies out of the junkyard, so ideally I wouldn't have to fabricate risers?? Also, how would the power seats hook up, is it just run a hot wire and a ground...or is it more involved than that??

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is just power and ground, the wire might be there under your carpet and all you might have to do is add a fuse. With yours being the work truck model it might not be though.

The pass side seat is a bolt in, no mods needed. The holes for the console should be in the floor already from what I remember. Also the rear hole for the inside dr seat was also already there. The outside holes are the same as the 60-40 and the inside front hole is the only one you might have to drill. Just make sure you get all the bolts and brackets for everything when you get the seats.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@jkeaton help him out here.

He has the buckets and console out of my 98 in his 95...

Last edited:

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
You pretty much summed it up. All the holes are there with the exception of the drivers seat front right one. I never did put one in there, has held up just fine with the three other bolts. Power was plug and play.