Question on aftermarket 95-98 bucket cushion core and replacement seat upholstery quality! 95-98 buckets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's more than a few vendors of the foam cushions for the buckets, now. Can't say whether they're all being manufactured by the Co. or not, but I wouldn't buy the Dorman versions. Cause...'Dorman'.
I've found that the white foam is of a better quality than the yellow-ish versions.
I'd highly recommend the new foam when replacing the covers. (see pic.)
There's 2 styles. The Silverado type with the 2 side-to-side pleats in the inserts & the Escalade style with a single pleat running down the center of the insert.
Each type has it's own specific foam.
As far as the fabrics used in the repop covers? No experience so I can't vouch as to the fit & finish nor the quality or the closeness of the fabric match to OEM.

As an example. New cover/old foam.

You must be registered for see images attach
The foam im looking for in my case needed would be for the basic one and only style buckets offered in the 95-98 Silverado seats i believe they were the exact style buckets offered in 95-98 Tahoe also and 95-(99) suburbans.
I can’t say if gmc offered the same fabric and style in the Yukon or sierra
Below is the seats I have from a donor 98’ ext cab Silverado (Gray)

Below shown is the seat covers and foam I’m inquiring about replacing they came from a 98’ Silverado .
I could have the entire 3rows redone in vinyl at an upholstery shop I’ve dealt with , but it’s unnecessary at that price point when the 2nd and 3rd row seats are in A1 clean shape , and fine for me as a daily driver .
So I am just getting insight on what’s out there as far as the quality of these pre~fab aftermarket 95-98 bottom covers and cores

Front bucket driver (worn)
Pass side has (burn) and (seam rip)

2nd row seating great condition

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's more than a few vendors of the foam cushions for the buckets, now. Can't say whether they're all being manufactured by the Co. or not, but I wouldn't buy the Dorman versions. Cause...'Dorman'.
I've found that the white foam is of a better quality than the yellow-ish versions.
I'd highly recommend the new foam when replacing the covers. (see pic.)
There's 2 styles. The Silverado type with the 2 side-to-side pleats in the inserts & the Escalade style with a single pleat running down the center of the insert.
Each type has it's own specific foam.
As far as the fabrics used in the repop covers? No experience so I can't vouch as to the fit & finish nor the quality or the closeness of the fabric match to OEM.

As an example. New cover/old foam.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just recently replaced my seat foam and leather covers. Got everything from theSeatShop.com. Very nice stuff, foam is way better than factory.
I’ve found out that the average price range is 48-60$ bucks if I’m looking at eBay vendors offering 95-99 cores . The only stand out cost and claim to a high density foam is theseatshop ironically. They’re cores are 139$ huge hike in price from anyone else which is fine if they are the stand out company to order from if they have the real deal . Last thing I want is a bunk cheap core that’s soft . So I mean whatever Durofoam is it must not be offered with the other replacements out there .

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
They are in Sugarland Texas and on Ebay I ordered a base foam and cloth base for the '98 Suburban in gray along with a drivers arm rest cover. the fit and color match was very good.
I also ordered an base foam and two leather covers for a '06 2500 that I drive as a plow truck for my boss in the winter. The guys called and verified that I wanted two covers and only one base foam for the '06. I would most definitely buy from them in the future.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea that’s the initial same seller on eBay I spoke with. They seemed legit .
I Made mention the only other worthy foam core that’s available is from “theseatshop” who also has a YouTube page / video explanations on their products and eBay store except their core is 139$ and it’s called durofoam . So I was trying to see if they themselves work with a more superior foam core that is made better then all others .

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
They are in Sugarland Texas and on Ebay I ordered a base foam and cloth base for the '98 Suburban in gray along with a drivers arm rest cover. the fit and color match was very good.
I also ordered an base foam and two leather covers for a '06 2500 that I drive as a plow truck for my boss in the winter. The guys called and verified that I wanted two covers and only one base foam for the '06. I would most definitely buy from them in the future.
Sugar Land, Texas, that's a little bit down the road from me. Used to work out that way. Sounds like I need to get with these guys and see about seat repair stuff for the burb....