Swap OEM GM composite headlight bracket to aftermarket housings/ Lenses? Can it be done ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Interesting … well besides Oem replicas maybe from LMC or a from a good vendor which still aren’t as good as the originals that came on the trucks new ..
What brand out there is the usual
(Go to) when buying a set of head and tail lights . In terms of closest to oem quality little to no hassle built 75% decent etc etc .

I’m having great results with these 75$ led tails knock offs Below . So far !! No condensation, fit great , LED output and pattern is nice !
But headlights tend to be the hassle over tails.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

I know anzo spyder are two household names . But with so many other Chinese brands and having your mind set on a particular shade / color / style lense it’s limiting so I gotta wonder what’s the best aside for stocks
I've got the Eagle Eyes headlights on the Burb, been on it for 6 years and just barely started yellowing. I think TYC makes them, the place I got them from is no longer in business so I can't ask. They cost $37 each, for full assemblies with bulbs, plug and play. The lenses I put in Rawhide are probably the same ones, I got them at the wrecking yard after we bought that truck.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Interesting … well besides Oem replicas maybe from LMC or a from a good vendor which still aren’t as good as the originals that came on the trucks new ..
What brand out there is the usual
(Go to) when buying a set of head and tail lights . In terms of closest to oem quality little to no hassle built 75% decent etc etc .

Brazilian OEM GM (made by Arteb) composite housings are still available new, and they're a better lens/reflector design than what we got here in North America. They are not cheap though, and quality control on things like the adjusters has been lacking at times. Still better than anything else on the market here IMO. I have a pair for each of my trucks waiting to go on. More info:

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/oem-...w-gmt400-gm-brazil-arteb-e-code-export.57899/

For reasonably priced aftermarket options with a more modern look, I'd say Anzo is a pretty solid choice. My '97s have run tail lights, headlights, and a third brake light from them for many years and never had a functional issue that wasn't my fault. Only now after around a decade of parking outside are the headlights on my Suburban starting to chip and fade. All the modern looking headlights and tail lights that LMC sells are marked up Anzos in different boxes.

For aftermarket options that look OEM and are more reasonably priced, I asked this question recently and the general opinion seems to be that TYC is the best choice. I'll be using them for OEM style parking lights, tail lights, and corner markers when I put the Arteb headlights in my trucks.