4x6 Amazon Demon Headlights & 88 C1500 HOW?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Apologies for another thread derail, but I did want to mention one more thing about the lights in the OP. If those "demon eye" accents actually do light up red all the time, that's going to be illegal for road use pretty much everywhere in the US. You may or may not get hassled for it, but forward facing light is supposed to be white or amber only and red is an emergency vehicle color as well in many places.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are reflector housings that were designed for LEDs which work great, like the TruckLite 5"x7" housings for the W/T grilles for example. But they've almost always got the LEDs built in and they aren't replaceable (Holley Retrobright being the one exception that I can recall).

But semantics aside I agree with you 100%, best practice is always to match the headlight housings with the type of bulb that they were designed for. Failure to do so usually results in sub-par cutoff and beam pattern.

Those are not the same, they're dedicated housings that are set up for the lights to be in that exact position. I run those headlights on my F250 and plan to run them on the blazer once I upgrade to the w/t front. Standard reflector housings are designed for a halogen bulb, led and hid are not in the same position so they cause a ton of issues.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those are not the same, they're dedicated housings that are set up for the lights to be in that exact position. I run those headlights on my F250 and plan to run them on the blazer once I upgrade to the w/t front. Standard reflector housings are designed for a halogen bulb, led and hid are not in the same position so they cause a ton of issues.

Agreed, I was just pointing out that some of the dedicated LED housings are still technically "reflector" designs even though they've been specifically engineered to work with an LED module. When I hear "projector" I think of the housings with a big forward facing convex lens.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed, I was just pointing out that some of the dedicated LED housings are still technically "reflector" designs even though they've been specifically engineered to work with an LED module. When I hear "projector" I think of the housings with a big forward facing convex lens.

That's correct, a projector looks like an ugly little bubble. I don't like them aesthetically, especially on the blazer, but they get the job done.

drock

Reaction score
I’ve seen these on eBay along with about 20 other different variations. the actual model lights these are, are replacements for H4651 H4652 H4656 H4666 H6545 they are 4x6 lights but there actually slightly bigger 3 7/8”x 6 1/2” the images they use are photo shopped they do not fit these trucks most of them have the correct years they actual fit which are around 81-87 c/k pickups and as far as I’ve seen there aren’t anyway to make them fit using factor equipment you would have to fabricate something for them, or go with something available for 88-98 year models which with the exception the composite variations and the genesis leds there aren’t very many, now if you have your heart set on that style light and don’t mine the single bulb look you can convert to the h6054 as a few stated before I do believe they have all these lights in those a sizes.