4x6 Amazon Demon Headlights & 88 C1500 HOW?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Beast OBS

Reaction score
So the pic with the OBS Chevy truck is wrong do you have a solution to making my set up work I don’t want any other headlight really
The description of the light being 4"x7" is wrong, the 88-89 C/K quad glass is accurate.

The over/under Square Body trucks used the 4x7, not the 88-89 C/K or the 90-91 R/V leftover square body SUVs (and 3+3 duallys).
I have the 4x6 ones I believe it will work with the 4x6 housing and then longer adjustment screws

The Beast OBS

Reaction score
In order to swap headlights to the 5x7 from composite or the quad headlights you originally had, you also need a W/T grill for single headlights. (like the one in my sig pic) but it has to be from an 88-92 truck because later grills changed attachment points.

EDIT: that housing you currently have mounted to your truck is not going to work with those demon lights. you are going to have to fabricate somthing.

Can I why is your throttle body painted martian green over the loose screws with the throttle plates removed? did you rebuild it?
Yes I got a new engine with 0 miles and powder coated everything and the throttle body i powder coated covered all the main areas but replacing the gaskets and stuff

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have the 4x6 ones I believe it will work with the 4x6 housing and then longer adjustment screws

Anything is possible, but IMO it's going to look bad. I've seen a few people over the years hack 4" by 6" LED housings into a quad beam truck and it always looks bug-eyed. Example:

You must be registered for see images attach

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have seen plenty of '93 and up trucks with single head light front ends. So I am pretty sure that it was still an option on late model trucks.
yes but they are slightly different and require a different fill panel between bumper and grill.. so more parts to buy..

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if it helps save and best utilize a quad light setup, here's a pic driver's side of the lmc light assemblies. i suppose you could replace the bulbs w/ leds.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/headlight/cd-1988-98-custom-headlights-150mm

My plan is HIR lows and LED highs for mine.

The pawpaw look isn't for everyone, but to save a set of quad beams adjusters I highly recommend these lights, great quality and it was easy to replace the factory lights. If you're ambitious and absolutely have to have the dark look you could probably tint the lights; not sure of the legality of such a task.

Attachments

• PXL_20230519_205637572.jpg
    PXL_20230519_205637572.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 26

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My plan is HIR lows and LED highs for mine.

The pawpaw look isn't for everyone, but to save a set of quad beams adjusters I highly recommend these lights, great quality and it was easy to replace the factory lights. If you're ambitious and absolutely have to have the dark look you could probably tint the lights; not sure of the legality of such a task.
I like the 454 emblem in your grille. Subtle but very cool.

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it helps save and best utilize a quad light setup, here's a pic driver's side of the lmc light assemblies. i suppose you could replace the bulbs w/ leds.

https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/headlight/cd-1988-98-custom-headlights-150mm

Very bad idea if it's street driven. LED's and reflector housings are how you get the assholes blinding everyone else and not being able to see the road themselves. LED/HID go in projector housings ONLY

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
LED/HID go in projector housings ONLY

There are reflector housings that were designed for LEDs which work great, like the TruckLite 5"x7" housings for the W/T grilles for example. But they've almost always got the LEDs built in and they aren't replaceable (Holley Retrobright being the one exception that I can recall).

But semantics aside I agree with you 100%, best practice is always to match the headlight housings with the type of bulb that they were designed for. Failure to do so usually results in sub-par cutoff and beam pattern.