Quad Beam Headlight Refresh

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I would have liked to have had a rust remover of sorts on hand but didn't, wouldn't the paint act as a sealant preventing further spread?
Actually it won’t. It will act as a sealant for a while and “encapsulate the rust” but the rust will eat through eventually. The way it needs to be done is sandblasted or chemically removed. Then primer and paint.
The quads are the best oem lights aside from artebs IMO.
Actually the quad headlights and even the composite are horrible for light output. They are too small in size and not enough reflective surface and limited in bulb size. They look good though

Dutch1134

Reaction score
Sand blast, then chemically treat the bare metal, prime and paint. Any other way may delay but not prevent continued corrosion. You can wire brush if you don't have a blast cabinet available, however, liberal application of rust converter would be necessary. Some of the rust converters claim to also act as your primer.

1989GMCSIERRA

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Have you actually compared them on a properly wired system delivering 14v with fresh lenses and bulbs?

Yeah i have. I’m a electrician by trade. I work with lighting and relays every day. I was doing High Beam on with low beam relays when the internet was basically chat rooms. I made my own headlight harnesses before also. Still do actually.

You’ll never really get great light output out of such a small halogen light housing. I don’t care what you do. Does it help to run larger wiring than stock? Is it better then the original light output ….Sure considering the factory wire is barely 18 ga wire and it runs through the switch.
But will you ever get great lighting….no. There isnt enough reflective surface in the housing to get great lighting.

If you really want good light the 6x7 WT headlight size with JW Speaker headlights and a good wiring harness will actually do something. But it doesn’t look as cool as the quad beams.

Back then the lighting in most American cars was absolutely horrendous.

Wildblue19

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Respect the insight! I grew up with those old cars and never was too bothered when they were maintained and aimed right. But now the roads are a battlefield of what manufacturer can make the biggest leds, and it can wash out my halogens sometimes.

tybcr783

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in purchasing or requesting more photos PM me
I've seen these go for $400 on this forum and $220 for just the housings but I bought them for cheap and am not looking for an extreme profit margin.
The cons
- previously had rust but I believe I did a good job on painting so it shouldn't be a big problem
- there is some water droplets of moisture that got into one sealed low beam
- The security torx bit which looks like for adjustment seems slightly stripped ( PM for more pics )
- There was a nick in the plastic which can be seen on one of the first images
$250 firm with $25 for shipping
Bump $150 and $25 for shipping, priced to sell