98 7.4l wiring harness bracket that mounts to intake manifold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scupper

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for any solutions to a lack of a bracket that is allowing my wiring harness to burn up on the EGR tube. Just purchased the truck and noticed that it is missing the bracket that mounts to the intake manifold as seen in this picture. Searching high and low for a part number or even an aftermarket option. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7.4l bracket.PNG
    7.4l bracket.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 15

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am looking for any solutions to a lack of a bracket that is allowing my wiring harness to burn up on the EGR tube. Just purchased the truck and noticed that it is missing the bracket that mounts to the intake manifold as seen in this picture. Searching high and low for a part number or even an aftermarket option. Thanks.
That is a treasure yard item for sure. I am going to one on the 24th. They rarely have 454s there though. If I find one I’ll send it your way via snail mail.

Scupper

Reaction score
That is a treasure yard item for sure. I am going to one on the 24th. They rarely have 454s there though. If I find one I’ll send it your way via snail mail.
Great news, I found a website with a parts diagram and I found the part number. For anyone who may need it in the future.

BRACKET. Chassis/Engine Wiring Harness​

Part Number: 15990324

Last edited:

Scupper

Reaction score
Great news, I found a website with a parts diagram and I found the part number. For anyone who may need it in the future.

BRACKET. Chassis/Engine Wiring Harness​

Part Number: 15990324
It is actually 15990323 and they don't make it anymore

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Is it a special design. You couldn't replicate something similar?
By law, the OE only has to support built vehicles for seven years. So anything after that is actually cake for us older trucks. That means if it's not selling the factory won't produce those parts. The upside there are aftermarket that will step in. But not for parts that are not expected to replaced.

Scupper

Reaction score
Is it a special design. You couldn't replicate something similar?
By law, the OE only has to support built vehicles for seven years. So anything after that is actually cake for us older trucks. That means if it's not selling the factory won't produce those parts. The upside there are aftermarket that will step in. But not for parts that are not expected to replaced.
It isn't really too complicated. I could try bending something with heavy gauge steel, but I would rather source it off a junk engine. I just have it jerry rigged with zip ties right now to keep it off the EGR tube, which has been working fine. Yeah, I have been having a tough time finding parts to repair the truck.