95 c1500 5.7l engine brackets and motor mounts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jasongriff

Reaction score
I purchased a 1975 355 to go in my 1995 C1500 V6. The new motor did not come with the engine brackets. I want to go with the OEM V8 clamshell mounts on the frame but am having a hard time making sure i order the correct engine brackets. I found that people are have fitment issues with some aftermarket products. Just need some guidance.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Guide thyself to the junkyard and pluck out oem stuff for cheap.
Yup there's a U Pull And Pay self service yard in Baton Rouge, and another one in Lafayette. Probably some local yards too...
If they're like the Houston yards they should have a few OBS/400 series trucks and most should have V8s.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need the frame side mounts for a V8. Small block, big block, diesel, 4wd and 2wd are all the same.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need the frame side mounts for a V8. Small block, big block, diesel, 4wd and 2wd are all the same.
???

The V8 mounts on the frame are the rubber cushions encased in steel. They are absolutely NOT the same between 2WD and 4WD, the 2WD version were still available last I looked--pre-VOWL-19. The 4WD that I needed, were not available except as compromised Chinese crap using thin steel shells.
You must be registered for see images attach

Fairly sure that the V6 mounts locate farther to the rear, but I don't know details and I'm too lazy to look in the service manual.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW, nos heavy gauge 4WD U.S. manufactured motor mounts I find routinely on ebay. I sometimes wonder if Anchor wasn’t the OEM supplier too.